World's Policeman

Yup. I actually think they get it right in Africa a lot. But the thing is, the actions are very "American." :lol: At least what they claim America does, basically is a recap of French actions in Africa :lol:

AH but the key difference inthe French actions is that the main justification is there, they can find the French Nationals; the Americans have givent up finding the WMD.

Not to say I disagree with removing Saddam; but I think the justification was a farce.

I think in general. They've been saying crap about American "imperialism" for ages... incase you didn't realize ;)

Personally I think maybe the French military does more than it needs to in Africa but hey, they got the green light so might as well enjoy it while it lasts :lol:

Yeah, America doesn't give a crap about Africa outside of Libya and Egypt.

Really, no one gives a crap about Africa, that's why all the genocide happens.

Whispering Death said:
Yeah, America doesn't give a crap about Africa outside of Libya and Egypt.

Really, no one gives a crap about Africa, that's why all the genocide happens.

Did you read any articles about the current situation in Central/Western Africa lately?

OutcastHuman said:
That sums it up. The only time were loved is when were needed. I would love to see Europe settle issues without the US either being a moderator or siding with someone.

That isn't the case here...you are loved even if you aren't needed.
You're "hated" when you start pulling the world by its nose regarding the reasons for OIF, the Abu Ghraib fiasco and the whole Halliburton affair.

I don't think that people genuinly hate you...it's just the world that we live in-America left as the only superpower and all that goes with it (unilateral action). Envy is somewhere in there too.

Nothing wrong with the U.S if you ask me, they are smart and we are dumb.

*sings a bit* If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough When you get knocked down you gotta get back up, I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but I know enough, to know, If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough -Roger Alan Wade-

They have excellent police officers, and one of them is working in Texas and is a distant relative of mine. He is a Texas Ranger or whatever they are called over there. A Doc.S in a police uniform cant be anything but GREAT! :lol: ;)

Doc.S
:viking:

the_13th_redneck said:
Funny how even the most noble of interventions, like Restore Hope were called big mistakes, the wrong wars and talked about how America should have never been involved in some tribal warfare thing that had been going on for centuries.
I understand where CO5060.20 is coming from but I think for a while, people should learn what happens when Police Action doesn't happen. You can tell the self-righteous, peace loving, tolerant EU that they can finally put their ideas to the test. Since the American way "didn't work," they can have a shot at it this time around.

My whole problem is with the politics of these kinds of operations. Why send your forces to bleed and die. Only to say "Well gee. Guess we can't fix it. Bring our boys home."

Give your Military Forces a Mission. Give them the latitude and resources necessary to accomplish that mission. And let do what they are trained to do. Accomplish their mission.

03USMC said:
the_13th_redneck said:
Funny how even the most noble of interventions, like Restore Hope were called big mistakes, the wrong wars and talked about how America should have never been involved in some tribal warfare thing that had been going on for centuries.
I understand where CO5060.20 is coming from but I think for a while, people should learn what happens when Police Action doesn't happen. You can tell the self-righteous, peace loving, tolerant EU that they can finally put their ideas to the test. Since the American way "didn't work," they can have a shot at it this time around.

My whole problem is with the politics of these kinds of operations. Why send your forces to bleed and die. Only to say "Well gee. Guess we can't fix it. Bring our boys home."

Give your Military Forces a Mission. Give them the latitude and resources necessary to accomplish that mission. And let do what they are trained to do. Accomplish their mission.

here here.

We dont have police here but Gardí or Gaurds in english and just realised they dont have a link

The reality of our policy, like Clinton stated

"America had no friends, only interest."

Its been a policy for 60 years, to win at war you must have a political objective. Once that is lost, you have nothing. Greed is not a political objective, neither is trying to set a Westen Democracy.

We havent had a war since WWII, since then they have been police actions.

As long as we continue with this policy, we will continue to have problems.

We are repeating the mistakes of WWI and paying for them at the sametime. Not to mention repeating the mistakes of Germany during WWII.

IMO

IMO

I think your sentiments are more along the line of most Americans. I really don't think that there is going to be enough public support for any actions in Europe, non-taiwan/Korea Asia, or Africa. If anything happens there I think America is just going to say 'too bad' and kick it down to the U.N. for them to debate and do nothing about.

I think America is going to stop looking out for the world and start looking out for itself.

Guaripa said:
The reality of our policy, like Clinton stated

"America had no friends, only interest."

Its been a policy for 60 years, to win at war you must have a political objective. Once that is lost, you have nothing. Greed is not a political objective, neither is trying to set a Westen Democracy.

We havent had a war since WWII, since then they have been police actions.

As long as we continue with this policy, we will continue to have problems.

We are repeating the mistakes of WWI and paying for them at the sametime. Not to mention repeating the mistakes of Germany during WWII.

IMO

IMO

"repeating the mistakes of Germany during WWII"

Uh.... okay.

Though being from Spain, you'd know when to fight and when not to.

Whispering Death said:
I think America is going to stop looking out for the world and start looking out for itself.

And in reality why should we. For the abuse? For the international revilement?

Unless it effects us we should stay home. Let the world know the US isn't coming to bail em out.

I think things like Abu Grahib etc. were overplayed.
Remember, the Canadians got busted for abuse as well and their entire airborne got axed.
The Belgians had that incident of peacekeepers "cooking" a Somali kid over a fire.
And all of a sudden Americans are involved in something like that, and the world blows up. Funny isn't it?
I also remember in Iraq, a Colonel, I think an African American, was discharged for firing his pistol to scare an Iraqi prisoner.

Even as a foreigner to the US I think you guys should let a few things stink for a while. Let them stink (i.e. don't get involved) and make sure the press covers it very well. If anyone tells you to go and help them, you can say that America's looking to curb the amount of "interruptions" overseas and that it is actually the UN's mission to sort those people out.

And Advise the UN that we will provide Humanitarian aid only. No military aid to include transport. Or money earmarked for military purposes.

Yup, that's the key point.
Who knows, the UN may want to explore actually having its own standing force. They might as well since peacekeepers are needed more often than not.

the_13th_redneck said:
I think things like Abu Grahib etc. were overplayed.
Remember, the Canadians got busted for abuse as well and their entire airborne got axed.
The Belgians had that incident of peacekeepers "cooking" a Somali kid over a fire.
And all of a sudden Americans are involved in something like that, and the world blows up. Funny isn't it?
I also remember in Iraq, a Colonel, I think an African American, was discharged for firing his pistol to scare an Iraqi prisoner.

Even as a foreigner to the US I think you guys should let a few things stink for a while. Let them stink (i.e. don't get involved) and make sure the press covers it very well. If anyone tells you to go and help them, you can say that America's looking to curb the amount of "interruptions" overseas and that it is actually the UN's mission to sort those people out.

i agree, otherwise what is the UN for? let the UN do what UN suppose to do.

03USMC said:
And Advise the UN that we will provide Humanitarian aid only. No military aid to include transport. Or money earmarked for military purposes.

The UN would probably wither away and die if we did that.

Back