The World's Nations Vs Terror - Page 4

--

September 5th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Terrorism is just like crime to a higher degree. It cannot be stopped completely; we can only hinder is existance
September 6th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Big_Z:

Think>Push>Talk
September 6th, 2004  
zyonchaos

Topic: HELLO wake up world especially Americans

Firstly let me start off by apologising to moderators for the following rant, and to any Americans I may offend here, but I do feel this needs to be said!!

As an English man I speak for the rest of England when I say grow up we have dealt with terrorists for a lot longer than you have thought about them.
Terrorists didnt all become muslim extremists as soon as 9/11 happened, yes that was a terrible tragedy, but I do not agree it is a justification to start a war (Afghanistan) not every muslim is a terrorist in fact 99% of followers of Islam deplore the terrorist attitude because it directly contravenes their faith its like saying the IRA blew up another building all catholics must therefore be terrorists and im sorry to say that it is a mainly american way of thinking and it is spreading to the rest of the world now if we want to stop terrorists we have to stop thinking like this or more people will get pissed off with us and they might think sod em lets blow em all to hell.
The Germans have terrorists not muslims
The French have terrorists not muslims
Everyone has their own little militant band who want to disrupt life for the average normal hard working person but they are not all muslim
At the moment I am serving in Bahrain with the RAF and living with muslims im surrounded by them. Whats stopping me from looking at each and everyone of them and thinking he wants to kill me, or she looks like shes got a bomb under her dress. Their attitude stops me they cant wait to say hello or speak to you over here if you walk into a shop they want to serve you because they want your custom (and money) they want your repeat custom, they want you to reccomend them to your friends. You say hello to someone on the street, they look you in the eye and say hello back and that hardly happens to me back home in the UK. So why is it a few nutters decide to go postal against the world saying they are doing it for allah everyone starts thinking all muslims are like that.
Sorry about the rant but the sooner we start respecting each other and tolerating each others religion the sooner we can start getting a peacefull world to live in

Jay
--
September 6th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Well said zyonchaos, I also know many Muslim people, most of them are just same like everywhere in the world, very nice people, they just work hard to make a living, that's all.
September 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
Terrorists didnt all become muslim extremists as soon as 9/11 happened, yes that was a terrible tragedy, but I do not agree it is a justification to start a war (Afghanistan) not every muslim is a terrorist in fact 99% of followers of Islam deplore the terrorist attitude because it directly contravenes their faith its like saying the IRA blew up another building all catholics must therefore be terrorists and im sorry to say that it is a mainly american way of thinking and it is spreading to the rest of the world now if we want to stop terrorists we have to stop thinking like this or more people will get pissed off with us and they might think sod em lets blow em all to h**l.
Everyone has their own little militant band who want to disrupt life for the average normal hard working person but they are not all muslim
At the moment I am serving in Bahrain with the RAF and living with muslims im surrounded by them. Whats stopping me from looking at each and everyone of them and thinking he wants to kill me, or she looks like shes got a bomb under her dress. Their attitude stops me they cant wait to say hello or speak to you over here if you walk into a shop they want to serve you because they want your custom (and money) they want your repeat custom, they want you to reccomend them to your friends. You say hello to someone on the street, they look you in the eye and say hello back and that hardly happens to me back home in the UK. So why is it a few nutters decide to go postal against the world saying they are doing it for allah everyone starts thinking all muslims are like that.
Sorry about the rant but the sooner we start respecting each other and tolerating each others religion the sooner we can start getting a peacefull world to live in
Please understand that people In the USA have known about your struggles for years, and we've had our own since the 1970s. However I think our younger "pop" culture If you will did not become aware until 9/11. However I disagree with your 99% Muslims=Good guy assessment. Please provide proof of thios claim. Because a, "large percantage of Arab Muslims do not like the West. Im tired of this "Islam is a religion of peace" when day after day they have elements blowing up buses or shooting people. I am not against Islam, but this is a problem the Islamic leadership refuses to address, and the problem is only getting larger. They have disgraced all religion, and must stop the violence against civilians. No other ideology In thw world today that practices terrorism can match to the destruction of Islamic terrorism.
September 6th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Quote:
Terrorists didnt all become muslim extremists as soon as 9/11 happened, yes that was a terrible tragedy, but I do not agree it is a justification to start a war (Afghanistan) not every muslim is a terrorist in fact 99% of followers of Islam deplore the terrorist attitude because it directly contravenes their faith its like saying the IRA blew up another building all catholics must therefore be terrorists and im sorry to say that it is a mainly american way of thinking and it is spreading to the rest of the world now if we want to stop terrorists we have to stop thinking like this or more people will get pissed off with us and they might think sod em lets blow em all to h**l.
Please understand that people In the USA have known about your struggles for years, and we've had our own since the 1970s. However I think our younger "pop" culture If you will did not become aware until 9/11. However I disagree with your 99% Muslims=Good guy assessment. Please provide proof of thios claim. Because a, "large percantage of Arab Muslims do not like the West. Im tired of this "Islam is a religion of peace" when day after day they have elements blowing up buses or shooting people. I am not against Islam, but this is a problem the Islamic leadership refuses to address, and the problem is only getting larger. They have disgraced all religion, and must stop the violence against civilians. No other ideology In thw world today that practices terrorism can match to the destruction of Islamic terrorism.
IRA (Catholics, not all) in Northern Ireland are just as bad. There's just less of them. I wouldn't measure terrorism by the amount of casualties. The IRA and Al Qaida both kill innocent people because of their faith. I don't see why one would be worse then the other.
September 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Please list the IRAs actions In the past 5 years.
September 7th, 2004  

That's beside the point.

The threat of a terrorist organisation lies not in what they did, but what they're willing to do and what they're able to do.

But if you want to know if they're still dangerous, MI5 still considers them a threat.
Quote:

NORTHERN IRELAND-RELATED & DOMESTIC TERRORISM

Dissident Irish republican terrorist groups present a serious threat to British interests.

These groups reject the Belfast Agreement (the "Good Friday" Agreement), continue to engage in acts of terrorism in Northern Ireland, and aspire to attack targets in Great Britain.

The Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) has not mounted a terrorist campaign since 1997. The organisation remains intact and some paramilitary activity continues. Its associated political party, Sinn Fein, is engaged in the Northern Ireland political process.

Paramilitary and criminal activity by all paramilitary organisations continues in Northern Ireland (see the Independent Monitoring Commission's report on paramilitary activity, April 2004).

Other extremist groups, unrelated to the Northern Ireland situation, may aspire to campaigns of violence but lack developed terrorist capability.
September 7th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Read my post again...

Quote:
No other ideology In thw world today that practices terrorism can match to the destruction of Islamic terrorism.
Did the IRA kill some 3000 people In the Twin Tower, or shoot some 300 kids on their first day of school recently?
September 7th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Right, It's the scope of Islamic terrorism that has forced the US and allies to take such drastic measures.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna buy that "the local muslims near my base smile when I walk by, so the other 1.5 billion must love everyone else too!"