The World's Nations Vs Terror - Page 3

--

September 5th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

The way I see it, there are two ways to stop terrorism. 1) Remove the methods and abilities for the terrorists to do harm 2) Remove the motive for terrorists. Or a combination of both.

1) There will always be a target. There will always be large congregations of people that can be attacked, even the local mall. You can increase security of more appealing targets, such as the power grid or water supply. But it is impossibly to guard everything. A combination of tight security, heightened awareness of the general populous, and intelligence sources I believe would reduce the risk of an attack.

2) We will never be able to remove the Moslem's desire to kill Westerners, but what we can do is scare them into not doing it. September 11 was an act of war, a cowardly (yes cowardly) attack that killed defenceless women and children. That proves that these terrorists are not people. All of that adds up to justification for a war. They attack us, we bring them a war. Remove state-funding for terrorism, make them run like rabbits, make them too worried about their own survival to attack. Its worked for the last three years, and I think it will still work if we go after these animals with 100% conviction and unwavering commitment and strength, and mostly no remorse. We have to kill them by the dozen, for they are the enemy and they are evil, and they must be destroyed or we will lose. We have to show them that it's not worth it to attack America, and they'll give up. And we can't ask France to give us permission to defend our freedoms. We can't ask anyone.
I'd so much rather have a cowboy that has proved he's not scared to defend his country and people in the office of President, than a man who wants to ask the UN before lifting a finger. If John Kerry is elected, I will be scared. Everything he talks about doing will send the exact wrong message to the terrorists, the message we are limp-wristed and weak-backboned. We cannot have that, so in the name of national security, Freedom, and all that is great about America (Mother, the Flag, and Apple Pie!), vote for George W. Bush this November.

George W. Bush is not responsible for the content of this message.
September 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.S
I donīt think that terrorism can be stopped eather.
Well not with conventional methods anyway.

Cheers:
Doc.S

I agree.

But, if we can negotiate with the "terrorists", then we may have a deal

Simply ask the "terrorists" what's up? They may say "we" are the "terrorists" in their views Then? Check ourselves, do some self-critics, and if we are wrong, fix it, then all "terrorists" and "non-terrorists" sitting around table, drinking beers: cheers, no problem more
September 5th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

hahah! flying frog is seriously high or something! Yeah when someone blows themself up in the middle of a school or something..... yeah.........lets drink beers with them.
--
September 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

lol, not really high on something, just did a beer

Serious, maybe we can invite Bin Laden and his guys on a Internet Chat Session or simply go to UN, let him list all his requirements for stopping his terrroristic actions. Then we declare a half year ceasefire, and check if we can fullfill his wishes (Palentania issue, Chechenia issue, Kasmir issue etc).

My point is: "we" got to find out why the terrorists become terrorists, and I think "we" actually know why, but "we" think of course we are never wrong.
September 5th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

These terrorists are Moslem extremists. They are motivated by something higher than hating Capitalistic Americans, they believe in their holy war and religion. No amount of talking could disuade them from their beliefs, and their 72 virgins (boy are they in for a surprise). There's no room or time for pus*y-footing around, they need to be hunted down, flushed out of their caves, and killed. You cannot try to be human to anyone who blows up a school full of children.
September 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Or we could kick the he** out of them. Seriously. I fullyunderstand the reasons for most terrorist organizations, but Istill see them as criminals who deliberatlyattack women and children. The people who killed all those kids inRussia are not "Freedom Fighters", they are sociopats who are "riding" what may be a legitimate struggle by the chechens. If you want to fight, fight the soldiers, not the schoolgirls.
September 5th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

And I'm afraid "your" idea is UNWISE because "he" killed 3,000 of "our" civilians for no reason. They have no logic.

Mod Edit: Unless you have a degree in pshycology, refrain from that kind of definition.
September 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I fully understand your points and views on the matter of terrorisme, USA, Israel, Russia.

Actually China suffered a couple of times terroristic attacks from Muslims from Chinese XinJiang province, they blow up buses and attacked local government buildings.

But hell, it seems that some of the "Western" countries do support the seperatist groups in XinJiang, just after 911, USA government labeled them as terrorists after presure from Chinese government. I can imagine if USA was not attacked in 911, many politicians there and in Europe would like to see those seperatists continue their work, since it is damaging Chinese interests, therefore good for them.
September 5th, 2004  
Big_Z

To be honest with you most Americans dont give a damn about China. And I doubt china Pressured America into Anything. There is nothing for us to gain by attacking your interest.
September 5th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Really? I did not know that. What are the groups called and what do they want? Have they made any demands or is random violence? Do they simply hate the Chinese government? If they're targeting civilians, then that's terrible.

But is it right labeling it as "support" from western countries? Wouldn't that mean some type of interaction between the two?

edit: Hey big Z, I like China! China numba 1!