Worlds most infamous arms Arms Dealer arrested in Thailand

mmarsh

It looks like the long arm of the law finally caught up with Viktor Bout (aka "The Merchant of Death").

For those unfamiliar with this dung-maggot Viktor Bout was the inspiration behind the Nicholas Cage film "Lord of War", he is responsible for the arming of some of the worst groups in the world from fascist Right wing groups in Africa (such as Charles Taylor of Liberia), to ultra-left wing groups like Columbia's FARC.

Bout has no ideology whatsoever, and has sold weapons to anyone who can pay for them, from the US to UN as well as groups like the Taliban. It was the arms sale to the Taliban that earned him a international fugitive status. He's been on the run ever since.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/07/world/europe/07dealer.html?hp
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is just my opinion. I have no love for terrorists, who harm innocent people because they feel the are politically or religiously allowed to do so. But people like Bout are even worse. This guy was like the riders of the Apocalypse, everywhere he went, death followed. Forget about terrorism this guy provided weapons to the worst sadists imaginable, people like Charles Taylor who used these weapons to start Wars. This guy lived by the motto "Peace is bad for business".

You think about the reasons behind the inhumanity of people like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Bin Ladin, etc. As sick as all these people were, all of them thought what they were doing was for the betterment of humanity. And then you have total war profiteer like Bout who was just in it for the money.

And whats worse, lots of people used Bout, including the US Government.

My anti-hero. Sure he supplied evil men, but he also supplied those fighting them! He's nowhere near as bad as psychos like Hitler or Stalin in my book. After all, even America was selling to both sides in WWII before Pearl Harbor.

Last edited:
I'm sure every British soldier who fell to a ball fired from a brown bess musket cared where the shooter obtained the weapon.

My anti-hero. Sure he supplied evil men, but he also supplied those fighting them! He's nowhere near as bad as psychos like Hitler or Stalin in my book. After all, even America was selling to both sides in WWII before Pearl Harbor.

Hitler and Stalin are in a league of their own. But Stalin is the leads that league.

Back