World's Largest Armies with a map

oRTouCH

It is a map that shows worlds largest armies
(Their army personal numbers.)

Armies.jpg

If it was given please warn me.

I think if you look at that link closer you will see that the original post is pretty close to correct the US "Army" is listed as roughly 500000 Active duty personnel, what it doesn't take into account is the Navy, Air force, Marines etc. basically the original information is seemingly only looking at the "Army" branch of the military.

I think if you look at that link closer you will see that the original post is pretty close to correct the US "Army" is listed as roughly 500000 Active duty personnel, what it doesn't take into account is the Navy, Air force, Marines etc. basically the original information is seemingly only looking at the "Army" branch of the military.

Then why even bother making this thread? US doctorine doesn't have the Army fighting alone, the US has Joint-Operations. What is the point of pointing out the Army? Besides, why only count active duty?? Why not reserves?

I mean the US Navy alone is no questions asked top. With England following in second. 12 aircraft carriers does kinda push it up there.

This is nothing more than pet your countries military ego thread.

Then why even bother making this thread? US doctorine doesn't have the Army fighting alone, the US has Joint-Operations. What is the point of pointing out the Army? Besides, why only count active duty?? Why not reserves?

I mean the US Navy alone is no questions asked top. With England following in second. 12 aircraft carriers does kinda push it up there.

This is nothing more than pet your countries military ego thread.

Dont look at me I never created the thread I just pointed out that the information was correct based on both of your sources, personally I would be happy that he didn't include reserves or the resulting numbers would have been even less flattering.

As far as pet your country countries military ego threads go I can't see a problem there either as 90% of the threads on this board do exactly that.

Dont look at me I never created the thread I just pointed out that the information was correct based on both of your sources, personally I would be happy that he didn't include reserves or the resulting numbers would have been even less flattering.

As far as pet your country countries military ego threads go I can't see a problem there either as 90% of the threads on this board do exactly that.

I'm going to defuse this right now................it really doesn't matter.

It's not wrong, it's just rather deceptive. For instance, the US ranks sixth on this list because our Army is a distinct branch, in China for instance all the armed forces fall under the People's Liberation Army, so all their soldiers get counted while roughly 1/3 of ours is counted. Hell this map doesn't even include the Army Reserves of the Army National Guard.

Funny thing about this map, if you include reserves the US moves up to number 3 but if you include "paramilitary forces" (secret police, SWAT, etc.) the US drops all the way down to 8th or so because Iran's paramilitary units, which keep the population in check, number 11,000,000 and in North Korea 1 in 4 people is considered to be in the Army or some sort of paramilitary organization. Paramilitary isn't a very specific term so it is pretty much up to individual nations to decide what is and isn't a paramilitary unit.

If it was from the late 80's/early 90's Iraq would likely be in the number 4 spot. My guess is this map is from somewhere around 2000-03 based on the Iraqi numbers, they had more troops than the coalition invading forces but most of those troops had no will nor any reason to fight.

no, because Turkey is in the list. And it is an old map may be from the 1980s. Iraq doesn't have any grand army any more. It's gone. They have a few regiments or brigades. thats all.

Hahahah... I want you to search about Turkish army so you will see how large and how powerfull it is...

Hahahah... I want you to search about Turkish army so you will see how large and how powerfull it is...

Of course, Turkey, as a full NATO Memember has to keep a deployable Military Force, and on top of that, Turkey doesn't have much luck with a few of its Neighbors.

It's all about whom you compare it to, phoenix. You always compare yourself to someone/something that makes you come up smelling like roses, in this case it's Turkey vs. Costa Rica. :D

Actually, Turkey probably does have a rather large military, it's what happens when you're not trusted by/you don't trust the Arabs to your south and east, Russians to the north, and Greeks to the west.

Back