World's deadliest firearm?

My mind is my most dangerous weapon. But if you wanna know what weapon I would pick if I could have only one it would be an HK-416.

The most deadly weapon is an FN Browning model 1910 pistol. It was used to assassinate Arch Duke Ferdinand, starting WW I. No WW I, no WW II etc. That little gun killed a bunch of people.

Last edited:
ASSAULT.... I have had many a trip in the jungles of Africa. With supply issues, I would say the AK-47 is the best. I do think the AK has proven itself rather well. It has probably the highest body count post WWII. If I have good supply chain, and have a choice, my H&K 417 is my preferred choice. The 7.62 is by far the superior round in heavy vegetation. Until you light off a 556 and see the tracers zinging ALL OVER HELL, you may not get the appreciation for a 7.62

To be honest I think the AK-47 would have to be the winner in this discussion, it is used in almost every theatre of conflict since WW2, cheap and easy to maintain.

I can tell you as a deer hunter, the proper ammo in a 5.56/.223 is a better killer than most hunting ammo in a 308/30-06. But I'm talking hollow point and soft point hunting ammo. I would never use fmj ammo on game. A 150lb-200 lb deer hit in either the neck or fwd shoulder vitals will go down and not get up. I have seen running deer hit in too far back from the heart still drop like a sack of potatoes as well as a running doe hit in the lady parts, drop equally hard. I load the 52grain Sierra Match King HP to around 3,000 fps. When you gut out a deer shot in the heart with this load you will find lead splatter on the opposite side ribcage, no penetration. The guy that I used to hunt with switched from a 30-06 when he saw the results. Together we shot over 35 deer over the years with this load. Dupont IMR4198 and Hodgton H322 gave awesome results. I would feel pretty happy with a M16 with hand loads and a Glock 19 with CorBon +P hollow points. Pick a .50 cal sniper rifle, all probably beyond my capabilities. For close in, a bow or a crossbow could be pretty nasty if you have good cover.

Every firearm can be deadly.
Every knife can be deadly.
Every hammer can be deadly.
Every rock can be deadly.
Etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam, ad infinitum

"Deadliest" is an advertising gimmick used by marketing departments to sucker potential buyers into being confirmed buyers.

Back