World's Best Modern Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien435

I have assembled a list of the six best tanks currently in production in several countries, these tanks are as followed. M1A2 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leclerc, Leopard 2, Merkava and the Type 99. The set up is simple, I will create a six team playoff system and will set up polls that will last one week to choose the winner. The Abrams and Challenger 2 will get first round byes, because just like the playoff system in the NFL, they have the best record and earned a bye. So it will go as followed.

First Round (December 26th - January 6th)
Leopard 2 vs. Leclerc

Merkava vs. Type 99

Challenger 2 and Abrams (Bye)

Second Round (January 7th - January 14th)
Winner Leopard 2/Leclerc vs. Abrams

Winner Merkava/Type 99 vs. Challenger 2

Final Round (January 15th - January 22nd)
Winner Leopard 2/Leclerc/Abrams vs. Winner Merkava/Type 99/Challenger 2

Obviously this list will be seen as controversial and some will try and throw in tanks that they think should also be on this list, but I went through a rather long list (18 to be exact) of the most advanced/common (several old Russian T tanks were on that list.) MBT's in the world right now and I personally felt that these six stood out above the rest.

Ok, the voting threads are up, hopefully they will close on January 1st but I may have made a mistake in setting up the polls. (Note, assume if they do not close, that the results as of Jan 2nd at 12am CST are the official results.) And also, I made the votes private so nobody knows whom you voted for.

Last edited:
Cadet Seaman said:
Hey Damien435 please don't use Wikipedia. It is a horrible source.

I wouldn't say that. It can be a very good source of information, as long as you make sure it has good references that can be checked. Don't trust it blindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back