Worlds Best Military Hardware?

SHERMAN

Why be so negative Gunner13? :wink:
So what do you consider some of the best?
A few:
AK47 Assault Rifle (USSR/Russia)
T34/85 Medium Tank (USSR/Russia)
Spitfire Fighter/Bomber (UK)
F15 Eagle Fighter (USA)
Panther Medium Tank( Nazi Germany)
Me 262 Fighter/Bomber (Nazi Germani)
Uzi SMG (Israel)
M1A1/A2 MBT (USA)
Mig 29 Fighter/Bomber (USSR/Russia)
M1 Garand Rifle (USA)
P51D Mustang Fighter/Bomber (USA)

Best military hardware..
That's a real difficult question to answer.
There are lot of different great hardware in different categories..

If I must pick one from your list I would say the AK-47.
Since it was introduced to the Soviet Army in 1949, about 50 million (30-50mill...) copies and variations has been produced all over the world..
Making it the most widely used in the world..

It's not very accurate, but it does almost always work under any condition, and it's real easy to maintain.
I've seen several of these in Lebanon, and I'm impressed by the simplicity of the weapon!

The Russians has been real good at following the KISS principle..
(Keep It Simple Stupid..)

:D

the P-38 can opener. It comes free with every T-rat can. Also very good for cleaning under your fingernails with.

seriously though.

I'd actually have to add one to your list, the RPG. Another good one would be the MP series of sub-machineguns.

If you want to get really new and innovative, try and see if you can test fire with a Surefire suppressor. They last a lot longer than most others and the attachment is pretty nifty, kinda like what a locking knife has. The only negative point to the design is that you have to replace the compensator on your weapon with one that they provide.

The knife is second can you name one piece of military hardware that's been around longer or has been more reliable? How about the guy wielding it.

well

Well, about the guy, this is about hardware. About the knife, good point, but then we need to look at rocks....

sherman105 said:
(....) but then we need to look at rocks....
LOL

But seriously, in your country they do still use those as weapons against the military, don't they?

offtopic

offtopic, but yes, making the rock the oldest, most relaible weapon ever. Also cost-effective.... :lol:

Well aren't you nice. Love this forum...give an opinion and then get criticized because someone doesn't like it. :roll:

LCDR_SurfWar:
Well aren't you nice. Love this forum...give an opinion and then get criticized because someone doesn't like it.

Well, I wasent critisizing your opinion about the Aircraft Carriers. I was critisizing the way you posted your opinion, which I found immature and pointless. If you want to sound serious, dont compare an Assault Rifle with a Ship. Other than that, yes, if someone dosent like your opinion, they can critisize you, thats what we call discussion.

Well you were asking for the best piece of military hardware, making no distinction between guns, aircraft, ships, etc. I offered a comparison between the general favorite and my own choice. That's discussion.

Ok, that's enough, take this to the PM system if you want to debate that issue further.

Stay on topic.

Back