Worlds Best Military Hardware?

Actually, 1217, yes it does, and you are the winner. :rambo:

All in favor of voting the Internet the best piece of military hardware...post.

M1A1 rules from tanks;
AKs are reliable but very unacurate so it is quantity over quality;
P-51 becausehe was one of the fastest piston engined aircraft and the most agile.
Me-262 is the first jet "operational" but there were some Lockheeds for USN in early 1930s. But it was maybe the greatest menace for Allied aircrew besides Me-163 "Komet". But it was shot down by a Spitfire first time!
Everything else: US rules in those things, Ruskies have more down & dirty equipment (if it works), but the West is very superior in technology and in quality of producing it.

Uncle_Sam said:
Everything else: US rules in those things, Ruskies have more down & dirty equipment
What are you talking about?
Uncle_Sam said:
(if it works)
Russian equipment often has a better reliability then anything else (e.g. AK-47, Sukhois)
Uncle_Sam said:
but the West is very superior in technology and in quality of producing it.
I'd say u are mixing some very straight forward stuff with some very far fetched stuff. You’re posting your opinion as if you were stating facts. I don’t think that’s wise… my 2 cents.

LCDR_SurfWar said:
Actually, 1217, yes it does, and you are the winner. :rambo:

All in favor of voting the Internet the best piece of military hardware...post.
What do I win? :D I'll be content with the honor, thank you ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle_Sam wrote:

Everything else: US rules in those things, Ruskies have more down & dirty equipment
What are you talking about? Uncle_Sam wrote:
(if it works)
Russian equipment often has a better reliability then anything else (e.g. AK-47, Sukhois) Uncle_Sam wrote:
but the West is very superior in technology and in quality of producing it.
I'd say u are mixing some very straight forward stuff with some very far fetched stuff. You’re posting your opinion as if you were stating facts. I don’t think that’s wise… my 2 cents.
you dont wanna go there bro

I am talking about down & dirty that means it works in mud!
But in the matter of tech they are inferior to the West.

Uncle_Sam said:
I am talking about down & dirty that means it works in mud!
But in the matter of tech they are inferior to the West.
If you'd ever seen a su do this in real life, you wouldn't make that claim.
su27_3.jpg

edit: For those who don't know, this is called a Cobra manoeuvre. The plane's nose is pitched up, but the plane is still moving horizontally. (To the left in this picture)

P51D Mustang Fighter/Bomber... :shock:

Isn't that just a great fighter or what?!

*Shivers*

Oh man.. There is one of those here in Sweden. The engine sounding in the skies..

Talk about feeling defensless over that machine.

(Just had to comment that!)

Cobra manouvre ain't much.
I appreciate much more the plane that is stealthy, with far better onboard computer systems, than that that could execute cobra manouvre! And the Su was made to rival the F-15. In some things it exceeded F-15, but the F-15E is much better thatn it's predecessor, even there are some experiments that are made on F-15 about 3D vectoring systems, since the Raptor won't probably get more money from Congress, and the project will probably be abandoned. It's not a very bright decission on my opinion, but the plane is still classified so maybe the Congress knows probably more than I do. Anyway the new F-15 will certainly exceed most of the planes in therms of manouverability (maybe not Gripen and the F-16).

Uncle_Sam said:
I appreciate much more the plane that is stealthy, with far better onboard computer systems, than that that could execute cobra manouvre! And the Su was made to rival the F-15. In some things it exceeded F-15, but the F-15E is much better thatn it's predecessor, even there are some experiments that are made on F-15 about 3D vectoring systems, since the Raptor won't probably get more money from Congress, and the project will probably be abandoned. It's not a very bright decission on my opinion, but the plane is still classified so maybe the Congress knows probably more than I do. Anyway the new F-15 will certainly exceed most of the planes in therms of manouverability (maybe not Gripen and the F-16).
1) The cobra manoeuvre is much. It’s an indication of how controllable an airplane is. The aerodynamics on those Sukhoi fighter planes are brilliant. Don’t say “it aint much” it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re talking about.
2) there's more then one type of su, Sukhoi is a manufacturer, not a type, so it wasn't "made to rival the F-15"
3) stealth is nice, but if the enemy fighter pilot sees you with his own eyes, it's useless, a good handling, manoeuvrable plane is what you need at shorter range.
4) I know of the vectoring systems tested on f-16, and that works great, but it's not in production, so it won't do anything in real life right now.
5) I didn't know that the f-22 project would be abandoned, how do you know that?
6) What the new f-15 probably will or will not exceed is not the point, although I doubt that it will be more manoeuvrable then a new type Sukhoi. The fact that you say that it probably won't outperform the f-16 is a good indication for that.

My point is, the world isn't black & white, it's grey tones. The US isn't "the best" at everything. That's no shame, it's just that people not born in the US can be intelligent too, even if they work for a Russian aircraft manufacturer. ( Don't forget how the US became the first country to have the a-bomb) Stop pushing the US military products to be the best. Oh and Redneck warned you to provide sources. I'd like that, 'cause for now it looks like you get your facts mixed up a little.

Sgt. Nick Fury said:
The got your best HARDware right here.

(img edited out)

Infantry hold ground......equipment does not.
That's beside the point. people are not hardware. let's not try to turn this in a "this branch really rules!" topic. :D

1217 said:
Uncle_Sam said:
1) The cobra manoeuvre is much. It’s an indication of how controllable an airplane is. The aerodynamics on those Sukhoi fighter planes are brilliant. Don’t say “it aint much” it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re talking about.
2) there's more then one type of su, Sukhoi is a manufacturer, not a type, so it wasn't "made to rival the F-15"
3) stealth is nice, but if the enemy fighter pilot sees you with his own eyes, it's useless, a good handling, manoeuvrable plane is what you need at shorter range.
4) I know of the vectoring systems tested on f-16, and that works great, but it's not in production, so it won't do anything in real life right now.
5) I didn't know that the f-22 project would be abandoned, how do you know that?
6) What the new f-15 probably will or will not exceed is not the point, although I doubt that it will be more manoeuvrable then a new type Sukhoi. The fact that you say that it probably won't outperform the f-16 is a good indication for that.

My point is, the world isn't black & white, it's grey tones. The US isn't "the best" at everything. That's no shame, it's just that people not born in the US can be intelligent too, even if they work for a Russian aircraft manufacturer. ( Don't forget how the US became the first country to have the a-bomb) Stop pushing the US military products to be the best. Oh and Redneck warned you to provide sources. I'd like that, 'cause for now it looks like you get your facts mixed up a little.

I agree compleetly, i have never seen an aircraft do those manuvers like the sukhoi does and still make it back alive.

My point is we spend billions of dollars on equipment, while we keep the real HARDCOREware in poverty. Your average serviceman makes less then your average office clerk. Don't get me wrong I am excited by all the new military technology as the next guy. But all of that crap is useless without flesh, blood, brain cells, and determination and willpower that is motivated to use it properly. This is not about ANY one branch or service. I just think we need to stop spending all our money on Pentagon Incorperated (tm) just so some greedy vulture with brass and trumped up ribbons can enlarge his retirement portfolio, and more on the actual guys who get stuff done.

We are WAY WAY WAY ahead of the curve technologically, and equipment wise.....but we are damn short of military personal that are actually prepared to go into a theatre of operations.

Maybe I am some what biased in that I do mean specifically infantry, wether army or marines, or freakin seals or whatever.........Men with guns hold ground, planes do not.......we have dangerously become way...WAY too dependent on our airpower to solve military problems. I mean no disrespect to the Airforce and Navy pilots when I say that. Those gusy kick ass and are on teh cutting edge of American military might. But those guys can not stop terrorists in cities, they can not do anything about mass looting, and keeping streets safe from junta wanna be thugs, they can not keep security in teh streets, tehy can not gaurd political figures from snipers, we are not in an age of wars against vast armies......(thank god).....but we are in a war in close quarters, and with people's minds.

If I got to choose some ULTIMATE weapon of modern warfare in the 21st century????....and you won't let me consider teh troops themselves.....well this would be it. It's powers are DEVESTATING.
300_Nikon_CP_8700.jpg

If you want to start another thread on that subject, go for it, Nick, but please stay on topic here.

OK....Firstly, as I allready said, humans are not hardware. So stop it. Next Human=Best hardware post will be deleted. I allready deleted one of them, because it had a large picture showing us what humans look like....WE KNOW! ;)

Now, as to the Cobra manuver, I saw it in real life and its amazing. Shows for the power of the russian aircraft.

Now, you guys just keep calm.

How about the browning M2 machine gun? Its been in service since the 1930's and still going strong. Its a very effective piece of hardware...especially if your on the recieving end I'd imagine. Its been around for 70 years and can still take out men and equipment of today. You can use it from an armor platform, humvee platform, and 2 people could use it from a tripod. It doesnt expend fuel and only needs the CLP. Its more deadly than an AK since it can punch thicker armor, and yes, it could be a reason to use the camera. Its so deadly that troops will sit around and discuss the "only use on equipment" debate. There ya go :)

Back