World War III ?

raja2kb

United States, France, Britain, Canada and Italy had begun launching strikes on Libya designed to cripple Muammar Gaddafi's air defenses. There were three countries now there are five countries,number of countries in allies increasing why? Likely to have world war III

Cause Ghaddafi is an ass clown who's been begging for this for years? And it's UN resolution.

I don't feel this conflict could escalate into WW-3. Neither Russia nor the PRC would be willing to go to war over this. Russia was not willing to go to war over Kosovo, they certainly don't care about Libya.
I am still pessimistic enough to feel in another ten or twenty years at most WW-3 will start.

United States, France, Britain, Canada and Italy had begun launching strikes on Libya designed to cripple Muammar Gaddafi's air defenses. There were three countries now there are five countries,number of countries in allies increasing why? Likely to have world war III

World War III?
That is a giant leap into fantasy, I would be prepared to bet that a war in Libya would would last maybe 2 days (allowing for 1 day of chasing the ragtag bunch of retards that call themselves the Libyan army and its mercenaries around the desert and 1 day of surrender negotiations).

My best suggestion is for someone in Tripoli to shoot the moron in charge and call it a day, hell if we are really lucky Iran will come to his aid and we can finish two whack jobs in one hit.

Last edited:
It's symbolic I guess, everyone wants to throw a bomb or two to "support democracy"...

It's not a serious war yet, just a little burning Soviet technology...

Hardly. :horsie:

World War III?
That is a giant leap into fantasy, I would be prepared to bet that a war in Libya would would last maybe 2 days (allowing for 1 day of chasing the ragtag bunch of retards that call themselves the Libyan army and its mercenaries around the desert and 1 day of surrender negotiations).

My best suggestion is for someone in Tripoli to shoot the moron in charge and call it a day, hell if we are really lucky Iran will come to his aid and we can finish two whack jobs in one hit.

Oh if Iran got into it I'd have some fun.... I'd reup just for a chance to give Iran some pay back.

The air strikes on Wacky Gaddafi Duck are nothing but some stick time for our pilots. Now what is screwed up is President Obama's flip flopping stance. The guy can't do the job and can't keep his mind. He makes President Bush look like a pro. I supported President Bush on a number of issues and I didn't on others. But at least he kept to his guns 99% of the time.

With O it's "We're In" then "We're Out" and then "We're Back In" and once again.... "We're Out again". Make up your frakking mind. My betting pool on when Wacky Gaddafi Duck gets whacked is going to hell and a hand basket. I have money riding on this.

who would join libya?

Libya is just getting ass****ed. Al qaeda hates them, and no one else is running to their aid. I say nothing escalates

Libya is just getting ass****ed. Al qaeda hates them, and no one else is running to their aid. I say nothing escalates

Only thing that will escalate is me running to the bathroom reference bad Taco Bell. WWIII will more then likely start in the Middle East but it might be with Israel as the center point. The PLO is pushing for a member voting seat in the UN and word is that they might get it in September.

In my opinion WWIII started on 09/11/2001. The world is already at war, we're just fighting a different style of war. Much like WWII was different then WWI and so on, etc... WWIII is already here, we're fighting it. What many think of separate conflicts, they are in all actuality different fronts in one war.

Only thing that will escalate is me running to the bathroom reference bad Taco Bell. WWIII will more then likely start in the Middle East but it might be with Israel as the center point. The PLO is pushing for a member voting seat in the UN and word is that they might get it in September.

In my opinion WWIII started on 09/11/2001. The world is already at war, we're just fighting a different style of war. Much like WWII was different then WWI and so on, etc... WWIII is already here, we're fighting it. What many think of separate conflicts, they are in all actuality different fronts in one war.

I disagree, the world hates Israel and even U.S-Israeli relations have worsened in recent time. If the world (or even just the Arabs) all unite against Israel, we might send them weapons but we most likely stay out of it. We certainly wouldn't send troops.

The truth is the Israeli-US relation is much more in Israelis interest than in ours. We need better ties with the 1 billion Arabs than we do with 2 Million Israelis for a variety of reasons. Israeli will one day stop being a regional power, Turkey is already its equal, followed by Egypt and possibly Iran will be.

I disagree, the world hates Israel and even U.S-Israeli relations have worsened in recent time. If the world (or even just the Arabs) all unite against Israel, we might send them weapons but we most likely stay out of it. We certainly wouldn't send troops.

The truth is the Israeli-US relation is much more in Israelis interest than in ours. We need better ties with the 1 billion Arabs than we do with 2 Million Israelis for a variety of reasons. Israeli will one day stop being a regional power, Turkey is already its equal, followed by Egypt and possibly Iran will be.

I see that you speak for the world now; even Hitler made no such claim.

Israel is only the front line in WW111.

Mark this - after you have sold Israel down the river, then the enemy comes for you and yours. You are already in their sights.

Once you have paid them the Danegeld........:smile:

I see that you speak for the world now; even Hitler made no such claim.

Israel is only the front line in WW111.

Mark this - after you have sold Israel down the river, then the enemy comes for you and yours. You are already in their sights.

Once you have paid them the Danegeld........:smile:

Thats pure Fear-Mongering.

Exactly the type of paranoid crap that got us involved in messes like Iraq and even Vietnam. Paranoid conspiracy theories about invisible dastardly enemies that want to take over the world...except they never actually do.

Even people like Gaddaffi have tried playing the "Al-Qaeda will get you if you don't do what I say" trick. Its bunk, this isn't 2001, its 10 years later and most people don't buy it anymore from Qaddafi or from you.

Nor do people readily accept the excuse that Israel is always the innocent victim. That is YOUR and AIPACs view. You claim that I speak for the world...Actually Del, on this subject I can comfortably say I do speak for most of it. Its not exactly a secret that Israel has very few real friends in the world. You might see Israel as a friend (thats your right), but you are the one who doesn't speak for everyone.

The American government does provide Diplomatic cover for Israel, but with the invention of the internet people can see for themselves that Israel can be just as bad as Hamas or anyone of the Islamic groups. Israel is so ostracized in the world that even prominent Israeli Hawks in the US press (like Thomas Friedman of the NYT) think Likud's policy of pissing off the world is suicide.

There wont be WWIII, but there very well might be another regional war, especially if Israel keeps acting in its belligerent way. And personally I don't think thats in Israel's best interest. Especially against an army like Turkey's, who is both as well trained, as well equipped, and is 4 times larger. Thats a fight Israel should be smart enough not to pick.

Last edited:
You don't need to put words into my mouth - I am quite capable of speaking for myself. And you know me - I mean no harm , I only say it because it is true.

I do not speak for Israel, I speak for myself. I NEVER plead the victim, just quote facts.

I do not need to speak for the enemy, they are perfectly ready and willing to tell you of their ambitions themselves, loud and clear. Read their posters, listen to their warnings; see the Museum of the Great Satan and the death to USA buildings in Iran; Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has already demanded that Europe must open its borders to mass African immigration.

George Orwell springs to mind across the region; there just aren't enough fights to go around. Chaos may be close.You are already in their sights, mark my words. No paranoia, just open eyes and ears and a clear mind of my own, developed through the experience of the 20th century.

Please note:- this is a crapless zone.

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on.:smile:

Last edited:
You don't need to put words into my mouth - I am quite capable of speaking for myself. And you know me - I mean no harm , I only say it because it is true.

I do not speak for Israel, I speak for myself. I NEVER plead the victim, just quote facts.

I do not need to speak for the enemy, they are perfectly ready and willing to tell you of their ambitions themselves, loud and clear. Read their posters, listen to their warnings; see the Museum of the Great Satan and the death to USA buildings in Iran; Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has already demanded that Europe must open its borders to mass African immigration.

George Orwell springs to mind across the region; there just aren't enough fights to go around. Chaos may be close.You are already in their sights, mark my words. No paranoia, just open eyes and ears and a clear mind of my own, developed through the experience of the 20th century.

Please note:- this is a crapless zone.

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on.:smile:

Sorry Del, I don't see it that way. I don't get intimidated by a very small group of a 25000-30000 12th century barbarians who get far too much media coverage then they are worth.

Are they dangerous?: Yes.
Could they kill me: Yes.
Am I scared of them? NO! Nor am I scared of the IRA, ETA, Hamas, Shining Path or all the other assorted loser groups in the world. Thats why they are called "terrorists", there job isn't to kill you its to scare you. Its much more effective to threaten violence than to actually perpetuate it. Its exactly how the Italian Mafia works. Occasionally they will do violence, but its usually just more effective for them just to use the threat of it.

Fact is this: If they were really as dangerous as you make them out to be you'd be already dead. So don't worry about it. I absolutely promise you that when I am an old man these idiots will still be making threats from their caves.

I am more terrified of having a car accident on the way to work although I don't live in perpetual fear of that either, and trust me knowing how the French Drive, there is a far greater risk of it happening to me than the scenario you are portraying.

Al Qaeda, isn't anything new, and neither are their threats. They have been around for the 1950s under a different name but under the same warped ideology. Guess what Del? We are still here, ain't nothings changed except the names involved. So relax. Yes there are people who would like to do us harm. But jumping at shadows is giving them the attention they want.

Last edited:
MM

Obviously I sincerely hope I am proved wrong, but disgusting as I find such extremists ( and those of other banners), it is not that threat that bothers me, I have lived through bombings (I have been bombed out of house and home twice), incl. IRA on London,all of WW11 incl Hitler's rockets, and other war situations; my concern is regarding the terrorist, military, and political determination to overcome Europe by whatever means and however long it takes; It is a determination held and developed throughout the 20th century since the fall of the Ottoman Empire; Extremists are at the sharp end and unfortunately it is fed by default by the moderates and inspired initially by ignorant hatred .

France and Germany and Russia are already steeling themselves. Worst scenario - chaos and even worse ; best - 3 generations/80 years of acute threat and upheavals until peace and sense prevail through their war fatigue.

This is why I never favoured our position in Afghanistan and assumed that Iraq would be 2 weeks to remove the head from Sadaam's regime and turn his Armies, retaining the civil services initially.

Now if by some miracle we find that democratic, peaceful regimes arise in the region, no-one will be applauding louder than I or more delighted at having been proved wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah I think tying Libya to WW3 is a bit of a stretch... If there's any kinda WW3 scenario out there that genuinely gives me the willies, it's the Korean Peninsula... I reckon there's some real pucker factor to be had there.

Not saying I wouldn't go, just saying I'd be trying my darnedest not to **** bricks while doing so... :)

If you think this is the worst it will get - believe me the stuff that has occured will be just footnotes compared to whats coming!

Back