World War III

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonzx

When and where do you think WWIII will start? Personally, as of now, I think either Iran or North Korea will be the flash point. I think that Russia is on the brink of becomming communist agian. Their leader was only the head of the KGB in from 1985-89. Putin is also taking away free speach and many other freedoms we take for granted. What do you think?

demonzx said:
When and where do you think WWIII will start? Personally, as of now, I think either Iran or North Korea will be the flash point. I think that Russia is on the brink of becomming communist agian. Their leader was only the head of the KGB in from 1985-89. Putin is also taking away free speach and many other freedoms we take for granted. What do you think?

Personally I don't think there will be a WWIII in the conventional sense for a couple of reasons:
1) The worlds economies are far to intertwined for it to happen and communications are now almost instantaneous so massive military buildups are far to expensive and far to noticable in real time.

2) There are no really major antagonists anymore while the soviet block was a threat to the west then you always had the possibility of a minor border issue becoming a full blown war once the superpowers and their allies joined in. These days countries like NK do not have that backing they once had if they attacked a neighbour they would be out on their own and easy pickings, Iran is not likely to attack anyone because they have enough issues of their own and once again if they did who is coming to their aid?.

So my belief is that the days of "great wars" are over because they are Logistical, economic and political suicide.

I think WW3 was the cold war and the current war on terror is WW4.

The war on terror is certainly fought in way more places around the globe than WW1 was and possibly more than even WW2.

Whispering Death said:
I think WW3 was the cold war and the current war on terror is WW4.

The war on terror is certainly fought in way more places around the globe than WW1 was and possibly more than even WW2.
Well strictly speaking your right the,cold war and the hunt for terrorism
are technically world wars since so many countries are involved.
But I think there is more to it than that. WW1 and WW2 were called that becouse so many lives were lost and so much equipment and manpower were pulled into them that people dont call it a world war simply becouse most of the countries on Earth were involved. They call them world wars becouse in a time when travel was getting better and there was more and more frendship between nations that people were shocked by such a huge conflict that they needed such a powerful name. Remember WW1 was originally called The Great War "the war to end all wars".

Now hopefully there wont be a WW3 becouse there is an 80% chance of nuclear weapons being used. It wouldnt be so bad to use nuclear wepons if not for their radioactivity which can hurt even the attacking nation.

na....I am not worried about WW3, globalization will evenutally eliminate the disputes and boundries of the whole world,

when everybody is so closely intergrated with each other, chance of a great war is really small.

The only problem is that we have face some minor threats like some suicide bombers who are frustrated by the progress of globalization and spread of democracy, those people are threats, but not big enough to create another world war.

superworms1000 said:
na....I am not worried about WW3, globalization will evenutally eliminate the disputes and boundries of the whole world,

when everybody is so closely intergrated with each other, chance of a great war is really small.
Thats what people thought in the early 20th century especially after WW1.
Im not saying I think there will be a WW3 though

en.....I believe we dont have another Treaty of versaille or some unresolved business left from 50 years ago...or some idealist proposals of the League of Nations (UN today is very effective in my opinion)..

so i dont really see any similiarities between the present and post-WW1 days

demonzx said:

I guess we have passed that (COLD WAR)

Lets talk about WW IV ( which I believe can be called GWOT = Global war on terror)

phoenix80 said:
demonzx said:

I guess we have passed that (COLD WAR)

Lets talk about WW IV ( which I believe can be called GWOT = Global war on terror)
read my first post

I hope there won't have World War 3. If it happened, the world would will in Hell. Iran and NK would launch nuclear missle to USA. USA would fire back. Iran would fire Nuclear missle to Iraq, NK would fire nuclear missle to SK. Then all around the world will be in hell. That's my opinion.

Fox said:
I hope there won't have World War 3. If it happened, the world would will in Hell. Iran and NK would launch nuclear missle to USA. USA would fire back. Iran would fire Nuclear missle to Iraq, NK would fire nuclear missle to SK. Then all around the world will be in hell. That's my opinion.

Mod edit: Language and personal attack. That's 2.

Fox wrote:

Mod edit: comment deleted

You said what i was thinking.
Also since were talking about nukes and other crap thats never going to happen, lets just hope Missle defense is Good to go and we cant be hit.

Ⅰ know,suddenly Hungry NK may invade SK.
But China and Taiwan may burn sametime.
The most dangerous,young s・korean are becoming Anti Japan&US and Pro North.
What should I do,if NK invade SK・・・・・・・・

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back