World War II Allies vs. Iraq

Would the Allied countries have the will to actually push despite horrendous casualties and losses in just about every way? Sure if they kept at it the Iraqis would run out of stuff to fight with but would the Allies have the will to keep pushing that long?

Do you think madness ended with Hitler 13th? Don´t you think actually to invade and occupy a country is just knowing it will be a continuous lost of lifes with and endless solution and we still do it?

We are crazy enough for that and for farther stupidities. :(

If the year is 1945, we are beginning to develop Jets and within a few short years at wartime capacity we'd have things that could match the Iraqi fighters.

If the British Air Ministry had listened to and backed Frank Whittle, given manufacture over to Rolls Royce instead of Rover cars, the RAF could have had jet fighters 2 or 3 (or maybe even earlier) years before the Meteor and well before the end of WW2.

Thats easy too, send in a few squadrons of p47d' fully loaded first, then a complete country wide carpetbombing, after everythings leveled, send one lione b29 over and bombs away.

Am I dreaming or was the P47 (or other piston fighter) used in Vietnam?

Last edited:
The A-1 Skyraider is a different aircraft from P-47.
The A-1 did stand in for the P-47 for the movie, the Longest Day and it was the plane that replaced some of France's P-47s in Algeria.

Would the Allied countries have the will to actually push despite horrendous casualties and losses in just about every way? Sure if they kept at it the Iraqis would run out of stuff to fight with but would the Allies have the will to keep pushing that long?
The Russians lost two million men in one battle and kept going. NOTHING was stopping them until they reached Berlin.

I doubt that the allies would able to win against the Iraq if the Iraqi Mig planes and helicopters with load of mustard gas bombs over the ally soldiers.

TOG, who's to say Russia wouldn't lose four or five million in a battle against the Iraqis? They very well could run out of men to throw at the enemy. Then it'd be the women and the kids perhaps.

The A-1 Skyraider is a different aircraft from P-47.
The A-1 did stand in for the P-47 for the movie, the Longest Day and it was the plane that replaced some of France's P-47s in Algeria.

I just remembered a piston powered aircraft used during the Vietnam war, which I thought was a P47, but turned out to be the Skyraider

I just remembered a piston powered aircraft used during the Vietnam war, which I thought was a P47, but turned out to be the Skyraider

the piston powered aircraft used by the US during Nam was the A1 -AH1- D skyrader, P51 d-e Mustang a few F4U4's and F4U5'S C-1 cod's (non combat)

Thats just the ones I'm aware of from the US Navy side.

No I wasn't there either, I'm not that old, but my dad was. He had pictures of every Naval aircraft of that time. ( MMCM )

the piston powered aircraft used by the US during Nam was the A1 -AH1- D skyrader, P51 d-e Mustang a few F4U4's and F4U5'S C-1 cod's (non combat)

Thats just the ones I'm aware of from the US Navy side.

No I wasn't there either, I'm not that old, but my dad was. He had pictures of every Naval aircraft of that time. ( MMCM )

Thanks Wolfen. I never realised the the P51 was used then.

I remember seeing quite a few USAAF aircraft landing at RAF Changi in Singapore, presumably from Vietnam.

Your welcome, I love to know what planes were when and where :)
the P51 was on its last leg with the USAAF, and USAF in Nam.

Aww man, I just ran over that bump, no...wait...that was a WW2 T34, I just ran it over with a half track :)

what if it was Third riech teamed with Iraq,North K,And italy and allies has Red Army and china for WWIII???

I honestly don't think the Third Reich, would team up with muslims.

They trained and equipped the Iraqis to fight against the British empire in Iraq during World War 2. Correct me if I'm wrong; I think the SS would work with the muslims because of their hatred against the jews.

Back