world trade center

I'm going to pass, too many bad memories. The fire station just down the street where I grew up lost 12 people that day. I didn't know anyone personally, but I used to visit the WTC on a regular basis on business, I don't remember names, but I do remember alot of faces.

Last edited:
This is going to sound like an enormous cliche, but mmarsh, its ok to cry. You should just pass everything to deal with 9/11 just because you lost someone. Just think about the families and friends of those 3,000 others.Who knows, maybe you'll find that it's "refreshing" to get some of those emotions out...Perhaps your "inner hero" (see sig.) will come out. But in the end it is your own choice to make, and you alone can make it.

i will NOT go and see this movie, this is just another attempt by hollywood to sell tickets, and this crosses the line
it is still way to soon

Could it not perhaps be an honest attempt to REMEMBER 9/11? Myspace is having trouble right now, but when they get back up and running, I want everyone who is skeptical of Hollywood's role in September 11th remembrance to read my blog about people forgetting it. Then read my poem. Just because its a Hollywood movie instead of independent doesnt mean that it isnt honest and sincere. Dont be so quick to judge. Id like to know how it crosses the line, rotc boy. I personally think it should be a movie most people were made to see.Emotional or not, the fact remains that people are forgetting the attacks. People are forgetting to put their flags out in the mornings. People are forgetting that even though the news has moved on to Israel, others STILL lost their husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends. People are forgetting WHY we went to war in the first place. I think this movie will jarr people's memories as to what the hell we are fighting for. We are fighting against EVIL. I know it sounds like a movie, but thats true. We saw evil that day, and continue to see evil when we hear of a child's suicide bombing run into a pension collection facility.

yes, i agree that it could remind us about that day...however, this is the plot line according to imdb
"Plot Outline: Two Port Authority police officers become trapped under the rubble of the World Trade"

and that, is why i have a problem with it

Id say thats a very,VERY basic plot outline. I could say the same thing about Flight 93..."A group of people band together to stop terrorists." Doesnt sound very interesting, does it? The point is, the plot outline can be decieving.

Hell, the outline from that website for Forrest Gump is "Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him."- Does that accurately describe the story of Forrest Gump? In a nutshell, yes. But that doesnt tell you how emotion-wrenching the movie is.

Yea that has me a little skeptical, Phoenix. Bad enough all his movies lean pretty far to the left, but his accuracy is always lacking (JFK is a prime example). If you are going to make a movie like this, you need to throw all politics out the window, left and right. And try to be as accurate as possible because most people get their "facts" from movies. Not only that but the men and women who died on that tragic day deserve their story to be told the right way.

I dont really pay attention to the people associated with films. I will say if he is making a movie about Sept. 11, then it shouldnt matter, it all affected us the same way did it not? Now, accuracy is a problem. IF he is inaccurate, then I wont appreciate the movie as much.

I will not see this movie or any other about 9/11 and the events following it. It is way too early to start making movies about things we have yet to fully understand. It takes a whole lot of time for history to sort out how things are really viewed. 5 years is way too early to be making this movie. If I really want to watch amovie about 9/11, I'll just watch the real thing. But our society has deemed that footage too disturbing to watch, so we get to see Hollywood's take on the events

But Doody, wont watching movies about what happened, from a non-political view, help us to make our own views? As to society, there are websites where that footage is easily accessible.

Can't wait to see this movie. For me watching it will be a strange expierence becouse I was visiting the WTC with my father couple of years ago (in 1999).
Scene from the trailer when the big hall was collapsing was just amazing - I've sad to myself "Hey I was there"

Last edited:
Doody said:
I will not see this movie or any other about 9/11 and the events following it. It is way too early to start making movies about things we have yet to fully understand. It takes a whole lot of time for history to sort out how things are really viewed. 5 years is way too early to be making this movie. If I really want to watch amovie about 9/11, I'll just watch the real thing. But our society has deemed that footage too disturbing to watch, so we get to see Hollywood's take on the events

that is exactly what i was saying

Then I'll tell you like I told Doody, won't watching a non-biased movie about what happened help "speed along" histories views? I for one dont trust history for most things, I like to see what happened, then make my own judgements. I still dont get why we dont fully understand what happened...Planes flown by terrorists out to strike fear into our hearts crashed into the two WTC towers and over 3,000 people died either trying to get out, or trying to help people get out. Then we took the cowards to war and here we are...

OK, as far as it being an Oliver Stone movie...Newsweek did an article on it. I suggest all you who are doubtfull in its non-political aspect click on the 2nd page and read the first few words.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14095532/site/newsweek/

Last edited:
Why does everyone think it's to eraly to make a film about 9/11. I think films should've been made earlier. During WWII, folks made films about Pearl Harbor. What's the difference, Oh I know. Today's society is afriad of remebering victims that were killed by terrorist scumbags. They'ed rather say sorry to the terrorist than honor the memory of the victims from the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and Flight 93.

I plan to see the movie. 9/11 was very close to me. I had family in the World Trade Center. A Cousin of mine worked there, luckly she lived. But we didn't here from her for three days. We thought the worst had happened. She plans to see it just as much as I do.

Back