world trade center

--

July 27th, 2006  
rotc boy

Topic: world trade center

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/wtc/
ugh, anyone else want to not go see this?
July 27th, 2006  
Rabs

I probally will, looks like a good movie.
July 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

I agree. Much better looking than the Flight 93 movie, anyway...And it only took em 5 years...
--
July 28th, 2006  
Fox

Yeah....I would like to watch it sometimes.
July 28th, 2006  
mmarsh

I'm going to pass, too many bad memories. The fire station just down the street where I grew up lost 12 people that day. I didn't know anyone personally, but I used to visit the WTC on a regular basis on business, I don't remember names, but I do remember alot of faces.
July 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

This is going to sound like an enormous cliche, but mmarsh, its ok to cry. You should just pass everything to deal with 9/11 just because you lost someone. Just think about the families and friends of those 3,000 others.Who knows, maybe you'll find that it's "refreshing" to get some of those emotions out...Perhaps your "inner hero" (see sig.) will come out. But in the end it is your own choice to make, and you alone can make it.
July 28th, 2006  
rotc boy

i will NOT go and see this movie, this is just another attempt by hollywood to sell tickets, and this crosses the line
it is still way to soon
July 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Could it not perhaps be an honest attempt to REMEMBER 9/11? Myspace is having trouble right now, but when they get back up and running, I want everyone who is skeptical of Hollywood's role in September 11th remembrance to read my blog about people forgetting it. Then read my poem. Just because its a Hollywood movie instead of independent doesnt mean that it isnt honest and sincere. Dont be so quick to judge. Id like to know how it crosses the line, rotc boy. I personally think it should be a movie most people were made to see.Emotional or not, the fact remains that people are forgetting the attacks. People are forgetting to put their flags out in the mornings. People are forgetting that even though the news has moved on to Israel, others STILL lost their husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends. People are forgetting WHY we went to war in the first place. I think this movie will jarr people's memories as to what the hell we are fighting for. We are fighting against EVIL. I know it sounds like a movie, but thats true. We saw evil that day, and continue to see evil when we hear of a child's suicide bombing run into a pension collection facility.
July 28th, 2006  
rotc boy

yes, i agree that it could remind us about that day...however, this is the plot line according to imdb
"Plot Outline: Two Port Authority police officers become trapped under the rubble of the World Trade"

and that, is why i have a problem with it
July 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Id say thats a very,VERY basic plot outline. I could say the same thing about Flight 93..."A group of people band together to stop terrorists." Doesnt sound very interesting, does it? The point is, the plot outline can be decieving.

Hell, the outline from that website for Forrest Gump is "Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him."- Does that accurately describe the story of Forrest Gump? In a nutshell, yes. But that doesnt tell you how emotion-wrenching the movie is.