b_e_3.jpg

b_e_4.jpg

b_e_5.jpg

b_e_6.jpg

b_e_7.jpg

b_e_8.jpg

b_e_9.jpg

Rabs said:
The british armor is the best in the world and there is no questioning that, but im still mighty suspicious that the challengers 2 FCS is still a little behind the Abrhams.

Does the C2 use depleted uranium shells?

CHARM-3

Rabs said:
The british armor is the best in the world and there is no questioning that, but im still mighty suspicious that the challengers 2 FCS is still a little behind the Abrhams.

Does the C2 use depleted uranium shells?
What makes you suspicious? Make sure you're comparing the Challenger 2E, as that's the latest model, and the one that would be offered should any country want to buy one.

(Yes, the C2 uses depleted uranium shells, and the gun is to be upgraded soon as well).

I saw a program on discovery, the top ten MBT in the world. Basically, all the tanks have problems.

The Merkava is apparently excellent in Israeli terrain, and urban situations, but its weight and poor fuel efficiency make it unusable for expeditionary forces.

The Abrams gets a prety good qrap, NATO interchangable etc, but it runs on a jet engine, meaning its fuel efficiency is terrible, and it has weak spots, like the exhaust, that can cause the bugger to....explode....in one hit.

The challenger got a good wrap, mainly because its battle tested and its armor is awesome, but its not user friendly.

They rated the Leo II number one because it has reasonably good armor, excellent weapons and comms systems, is fast, has good fuel economy, its compact but most importantly it is easy as to drive. Easier than a car apparently.

Check out the show if uve got cable, they do the top ten of some of the coolest machines and stuff.

Well, I think on some other thread I read this before! And the Leo II is the best tank! Sadly, not many countries own it! Deutschland Uber Alles!

zander_0633 said:
Well, I think on some other thread I read this before! And the Leo II is the best tank! Sadly, not many countries own it! Deutschland Uber Alles!

About 10 countries own a couple of Leopard 2 ;)

AlexKall said:
About 10 countries own a couple of Leopard 2 ;)

Exactly 12 countries:

Austria - 114 Leopard 2NL(A4)
Denmark - 51 Leopard 2 A5+
Finland - 124 Leopard 2A4
Germany - 852 Leopard 2 (502 Leopard 2A4, 125 Leopard 2A5, 225 Leopard 2A6)
Greece - 183 Leopard 2A4 and 170 Leopard 2GR(HEL)
The Netherlands - 180 Leopard 2A6NL
Norway - 52 Leopard 2NL(A4)
Poland 128 Leopard 2A4
Switzerland - 380 Pz 87
Sweden - 160 Leopard 2A4 as the Strv 121 and 120 Leopard 2(S) as the Strv 122
Spain - 108 Leopard 2A4 and 219 Leopard 2A6 as the Leopard 2E
Turkey - 298 Leopard 2A4

Back