--
A World Record

November 3rd, 2005  
Missileer

Topic: A World Record

A World Record
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/index.asp

Largest Death Toll From Chemical Weapons Attack
The greatest number of people killed in a single chemical weapons attack is estimated at 4,000, when President Saddam Hussein of Iraq attacked members of his country's Kurdish minority at Halabja, Iraq, in March 1988. The attack was ostensibly punishment for the support the Kurds had given to Iran in the Iran–Iraq war.
November 3rd, 2005  
phoenix80

Yes & No

The largest number of deathh from CW belongs to Iranian troops who most of the survivors are now dying too
November 3rd, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Yes & No

The largest number of deathh from CW belongs to Iranian troops who most of the survivors are now dying too
Great guy wasn't he? I think he'll get his.
--
A World Record
November 3rd, 2005  
bulldogg

Eventually but I think his followers will take a few more with them to the gallows.
November 3rd, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Yes & No
You are right in that thousands and thousands of Iranians keep dying as we speak from the damages of chemical attacks delivered by Saddam. But Missileer was right quoting the World Book of Records because it is about
Quote:
the greatest number of people killed in a single chemical weapons attack.
As a single attack Halabja ranks first.
November 3rd, 2005  
LeEnfield

Now I know it was not meant to be a chemical attack, but just how many people died from agent Orange in Vietnam
November 3rd, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield 2
Now I know it was not meant to be a chemical attack, but just how many people died from agent Orange in Vietnam
In case you're interested:

"Myth: Agent Orange poisoned millions of Vietnam veterans.

Over the ten years of the war, Operation Ranch Hand sprayed about eleven million gallons of Agent Orange on the South Vietnamese landscape. (the herbicide was called "orange" in Vietnam, not Agent Orange. That sinister-sounding term was coined after the war) Orange was sprayed at three gallons per acre that was the equivalent of .009 of an ounce per square foot. When sprayed on dense jungle foliage, less that 6 percent ever reached the ground. Ground troops typically did not enter a sprayed area until four to six weeks after being sprayed. Most Agent Orange contained .0002 of 1 percent of dioxin. Scientific research has shown that dioxin degrades in sunlight after 48 to 72 hours; therefore, troops exposure to dioxin was infinitesimal."

[Stolen Valor: How the Vietnam Generation was Robbed of its Heroes and its History by B.G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley, Verity Press, Inc., Dallas, TX, 1998].
November 3rd, 2005  
phoenix80

and the funny thing is that none of those servicemen who deployed agent orange or worked with died.
November 3rd, 2005  
LeEnfield

The problem with all this, is actually finding the correct facts. From what I have read and seen there was a major problem with Agent Orange, now I can't argue about American casualties but from what have seen there have been plenty of Vietnamese ones
November 3rd, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield 2
The problem with all this, is actually finding the correct facts. From what I have read and seen there was a major problem with Agent Orange, now I can't argue about American casualties but from what have seen there have been plenty of Vietnamese ones
Sure I agree with you there.