World Peace - Page 2

View Poll Results :How should world peace be achieved?
Military strength 4 16.00%
Diplomacy (politics) 5 20.00%
Never gonna happen 16 64.00%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 22nd, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtf2
NEVER going to happen...but politics and negotiations are prefeared to an invasion.
I agree, better to talk then to kill! You cant get peace by killing people
April 22nd, 2004  
Jtf2

wow someone that actualy moderate. WOOHOO!
April 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
Quote:
NEVER going to happen...but politics and negotiations are prefeared to an invasion.

Depends on how many you kill .
--
Boots
April 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
Quote:

Depends on how many you kill .
Well yes, if you kill everyone but you! I think that person would either commit suecide or live with other animales, the question is how long that human would survie, if you look at statistics of humans killed by other animales it dosnt look good
April 25th, 2004  
soilder79936

i would have to say military strength cause were always going to war for peace but never happens
April 26th, 2004  
Pollux

I agree to jamoni......
for something like peace you must give something to all countries that unites them.....

and to future rangers scenario that wouldtnt work.....think of terrorists.....
they also cant mess with a regular army, but nevertheless cause trouble as a equal opponent
May 13th, 2004  
Achilles

Theres never been world peace and until doomsday there never will be
May 13th, 2004  
Mark Conley

The only time i have found that the conditions for world peace existed..was when Rome took over the known civilised world and put it under their rule. this came about through military action...ill say it would take military action today to get one top dog on top to state the rules.

May 13th, 2004  
Marksman

A man kind isn't inteligent inuf to achive world peace
May 14th, 2004  
Italian Guy

The international system is an anarchical system: each State can resort to force if it believes appropriate, without thus infringing any code or convention whatsoever. What some people want to purport ( right term? ) as the closest thing to an International Legal Order, ignore that there is no WORLD Constitution, nothing like common values such as those written on a nat'l constitution. On top of that, most of the countries in the UN are non democratic so force is permitted.
Anyways I'd say half diplomacy and half strength in a general perspective: sumtimes 100 % diplomacy would be enough ( very seldom ), sum others 100 % would be ( less seldom, but seldom ).
I vote for "others" option. Until a shared common values- int'l order is established ( resembling a private State constitution ) there will never be peace on earth.