The world only protests when Israel Strikes

Duty Honor Country

"Taliban claim suicide blast that killed 14 Afghan children" 29 DEC
"Bomb in Baghdad kills 22, wounds 54" 27 DEC
"Suicide bomb kills at least 55 in Iraqi restaurant" 11 DEC

Check these links on other deadly suicide bombings
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7081526.stm
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LB268644.htm

These do not include any of the bombings that happened in Israel over the years.

My point is the world does not give a :cen: about terrorists and governments who directly target civilians, which is in violation of international law. The UN, my favorite organization, is very quick to condemn Israel at every moment while being silent over the attacks I just listed. When Israel had enough, takes the fight to the enemy and kills civilians who are near by, the world goes berzerk.

I am sick of Israel getting all the criticism while the terrorists get a free ride.

Have you ever stopped to consider that out side the USA the world may not see Israel as being the model of total innocence?

Lets face it these Israel/Palestinian things have become little more than those tit for tat car games siblings play where they sit there nudging each other and claiming the other one started it.

In terms of the lack of outcry over suicide bombings vs a state killing civilians I think that one has been explained to death on these forums already.

I'm just happy for the few newspapers and news-channels saying that Palestine broke the ceasefire and started- and that their Preisident is blaming the Hammas... but as i said- only few ... it's like :bang:
Like Red said, why are there so many retareded ppl on this planet...

I'm just happy for the few newspapers and news-channels saying that Palestine broke the ceasefire and started- and that their Preisident is blaming the Hammas... but as i said- only few ... it's like :bang:
Like Red said, why are there so many retareded ppl on this planet...

Interesting argument over the ceasefire as there is a strong counter argument that says Israel never fully lifted the blockade which was an integral part of the ceasefire, if this is true then it was Israel that broke the terms.

However I have done nothing to verify any of this primarily because I just dont care about the region.

I am sick of Israel getting all the criticism while the terrorists get a free ride.
There's probably a number of very good reasons for this.

(1) The majority of the world really don't really believe that "Israel" is a legitimate entity, but merely another occupier of someone elses land. All this religious crap about "God's chosen people and having been promised a this land by god just doesn't cut it anymore. Zionist extremism is the last straw for most people including myself.

(2) People expect better of the Jews after them having suffered so much at the hands of the Nazi's, whereas I feel most people look upon the muslim extremists as not much better than some sort of neanderthals. Or else, like christians, just another group who wish to subjugate their own people and others with religious mumbo jumbo.

(3)People don't ***** about the muslims because they know it is a waste of time and breath that would be better used for cooling our soup, whereas they do have a hope that the people of Israel will come to their senses one day and realise that there will be no peace so long as they treat the Palestinians and their land as a resource.

Last edited:
There is a difference between that of a country such as Israel who is supposed to know better and a bunch of extremists who cannot be reasoned with at all.

The reason the world doesn't say much about terrorist attacks is because who are they going to complain to? The terrorists?

I will also echo Spike's sentiments that their is a very different perception of Israel outside the USA. The fact is the Israelis kill far more Palestinian civilians than groups like Hamas kill Isreali civilians -alot more.

Look at the scoreboard since the latest conflict this was as of last night on CNN.

KIA Palestineans 300+ (most of which are civilians)
KIA Isreal 3 (2 civilians and 1 soldier)

If the US Media actually bothered to cover BOTH sides of the conflict their would be a lot less sympathy for Israel. I remember a few years ago the IAF dropped a bomb on the apartment building of a known terrorist killing him. Unfortunately, their were 19 other people living in the same building as the terrorist who were killed as well. Killing 19 civilians to kill a single terrorist, that's a bit heavy-handed don't you all think? Is it any wonder why people dont like Isreal?

Last edited:
Don't fire rockets, then hide behind civilians and expect nothing to happen.

Well we know what happens, its the Civilians that get killed, not the terrorists. Its the same reasoning that Tim McVeigh used when he bombed the Murrah Building in Okhlahoma City: Civilians are to be sacrificed for the cause.

That line of thinking was as wrong then as it is now, and we all know what happened to McVeigh.

There is a difference between that of a country such as Israel who is supposed to know better and a bunch of extremists who cannot be reasoned with at all.
That's contradictory- If they cannot be reasoned with why try a diplomatic way? Every country would feel obliged to defend itself because that is what nearly every oath is about- you swear to protect your country.

That's contradictory- If they cannot be reasoned with why try a diplomatic way? Every country would feel obliged to defend itself because that is what nearly every oath is about- you swear to protect your country.

They have tried being reasoned with in the past, and I never said Isreal doesn't have the right to defend itself. Its the methods I have issue with. How would you like having your family wiped out by a 500lb bomb dropped by a IAF F-16 because the guy 3 floors down from you was a terrorist?

'Defending your country' isn't a 'carte blanche' to do whatever you want. Its so easy to spin that into a justification into anything. That excuse Adolf Hitler claimed to be defending Germany when he invaded Poland or that the recent invasion of Iraq was necessary to defend American as claimed by Bush.

I guess the world thinks that Israel is better than the rest of the slobs around there, and that they shouldn't sink to that level.

They have tried being reasoned with in the past, and I never said Isreal doesn't have the right to defend itself. Its the methods I have issue with. How would you like having your family wiped out by a 500lb bomb dropped by a IAF F-16 because the guy 3 floors down from you was a terrorist?

'Defending your country' isn't a 'carte blanche' to do whatever you want. Its so easy to spin that into a justification into anything. That excuse Adolf Hitler claimed to be defending Germany when he invaded Poland or that the recent invasion of Iraq was necessary to defend American as claimed by Bush.

I take your points and agree with you, to a point. The problem with fighting Hamas is their cowardly tactics. They work within the mass of the population and every time an innocent dies they chalk up a victory in P.R. It is always a tragedy when the innocent are killed. But what do you expect Israel to do. They are constantly being bombarded with rockets, mortars and the most hideous as well as stupid weapons, the suicide bomber.

Maybe Israel should strike with their army with a list of targets and see what happens. As simplistic as that sounds, there would be nothing simple about the mission. But i'm sure collateral damage will happen with this method also.

You cannot expect these people to sit around waiting for a rocket to hit them without reacting.

Spot on. Hamas doesn't care how many Palestinians die, as long as they achieve their aim of big publicity and keeping the warfare going. Anything to avoid the advancement of peace. Seven years of shelling to provoke has reaped rewards for Hamas at the cost of more Palestinian lives.

Interesting argument over the ceasefire as there is a strong counter argument that says Israel never fully lifted the blockade which was an integral part of the ceasefire, if this is true then it was Israel that broke the terms.
The blockade cannot be lifted because Hammas is smuggling in weapons. On the other side, Israel gives Gaza petrol, electricity, water and so on. This is inspite of Gaza being infact a hostile entity to israel. The blockade is a result of Hammas attacks and not the other way around. this is easily demonstrated by the fact that israel left gaza in 2005, only to be attacked by Hammas in 2006. Israel has no responsibilty to feed and provide for the palestinians. they cant as k for us to leave "thir" land and than ask for us to support them financially.

(1) The majority of the world really don't really believe that "Israel" is a legitimate entity, but merely another occupier of someone elses land. All this religious crap about "God's chosen people and having been promised a this land by god just doesn't cut it anymore. Zionist extremism is the last straw for most people including myself.

Zionisem has nothing to do with god, infact nearly all major zionist figures were seculer. I dont think you have much of any idea about zionisem, who the land "belongs" to, or much else. The fact that you use "" with my countries name is enough to put you in the company of Iran, Hezballah and Hammas, I hope you feel in good company.

(2) People expect better of the Jews after them having suffered so much at the hands of the Nazi's, whereas I feel most people look upon the muslim extremists as not much better than some sort of neanderthals. Or else, like christians, just another group who wish to subjugate their own people and others with religious mumbo jumbo.
So, you ar admitting you hold a double standart. the arabs can attack us because they are "savages"(a racist claim in its own right)but we are supposed to act unlike ayn other country in the world and not strike back. Your hipocracy is amazing.

(3)People don't ***** about the muslims because they know it is a waste of time and breath that would be better used for cooling our soup, whereas they do have a hope that the people of Israel will come to their senses one day and realise that there will be no peace so long as they treat the Palestinians and their land as a resource.
What are you talking about? Who is treating them as a resource? what dose that mean? what do you think, we use them as slaves? get a grip on reality. As for the land, there is nearly nothing of any value in Gaza or the West Bank. Israels onjly motive is to protect its citizens.

Look at the scoreboard since the latest conflict this was as of last night on CNN.

KIA Palestineans 300+ (most of which are civilians)
KIA Isreal 3 (2 civilians and 1 soldier)

If the US Media actually bothered to cover BOTH sides of the conflict their would be a lot less sympathy for Israel. I remember a few years ago the IAF dropped a bomb on the apartment building of a known terrorist killing him. Unfortunately, their were 19 other people living in the same building as the terrorist who were killed as well. Killing 19 civilians to kill a single terrorist, that's a bit heavy-handed don't you all think? Is it any wonder why people dont like Isreal

Firstly, out of 400 houndred killed, even the palestinians do not say most are civilians. unless you define gov officials and police officers as civilians. Secondly, yes we kill more of them than they do of us. our respons is not an eye for an eye, it is meant to show that their price tag for violence will be high. as for killing 19 civilians to kill one terrorist, that is not a good result, but i still rather see 19 dead palestinians than 19 dad israelis, so yes, i think its ok to kill their civiies to save ours. again, morality is a *****.

Only Hammas was elected in a democratic election by the palestinians in Gaza. They support the terrorists that lives dowstaris.

Neither Poland nor Iraq launched any rockets at their invaders before the invasion. I would also like to object to you putting Bush and Hitler togather in the same context, It is far from historically or moraly correct(And im not a Bush supporter).

That maybe true but it is only half the equation the other half is, don't be surprised when civilians who have had everything they owned and loved taken away from them by a country trying to kill one man strap explosives to themselves and walk into your cafe's.

I think the interesting period of this conflict is going to come when the Palestinians eventually get hold of biological agents which is really only a matter of time given the length of the conflict, the desperation of cause and availability of knowledge these days.

This is a self perpetuating war that neither side is prepared to end so it will eventually come down to resolve and who is prepared to lose the most.

Last edited:
like i said, it is very reasonable that more palestinians die. they can not produce the same effects we can.

Would you defend your land against an aggressive occupier? I'm sure you would.

They may not be doing a very great job of it, but they are doing what they can with the little that they have got, to show that they are not happy with Israeli subjugation.

like i said, it is very reasonable that more palestinians die. they can not produce the same effects we can.

"Reasonable"??? I find that coming from a man who recently banned a member for Holocaust denial to be very two faced. No I do not deny the holocaust, but neither do I call Israel's history of heavy handed retaliation "Reasonable" . It is not "Reasonable that you kill hundreds to avenge half a dozen deaths of your own.

The Nazi's did that in places like Oradour Sur Glane" and they still have never been forgiven for it.

My point being that the Zionists learnt nothing about humanity from their suffering at the hands of the Nazis, in fact they are treating the Palestinians very much the same as the Nazis treated the Jews of Europe, stealing their land and making them second class citizens in their own land.

Back