World Cup

So I should wait till the final game, then tell everyone that I was rooting for whoever wins all along. :)

Plus the skimpy little....outfits? That's not even the right term......anyway its just creepy. Two big guys in little tiny undies wrestling each other. Its just wrong.

Most fans who know the game well dislike the Italian team severely.
That's why when they got knocked out, a LOT of people including myself were happy.

Man, I'm getting more and more scared of Argentina. Their game against Germany is shaping up to be one for the ages. :D I love World Cup time!!! :)

UpstandingDiver.gif

1277496422531i1sy.gif

hGOzG.gif

Useless refs.

Next summer, Asian Cup. The summer after that, Euro 2012... so there's one perfectly free summer out of a 4 year cycle. hehehe.

But diving, flopping, acting, etc. are common in every sport. Watch a basketball game sometime. Those guys try to draw fouls like they're shooting for the Oscars. It's all a part of the game, to an extent. The problem with football is that, because the game is so constantly strenuous on the body, there tends to be more diving because the players want a break in the action to give their team the advantage of a free kick.

But diving, flopping, acting, etc. are common in every sport. Watch a basketball game sometime. Those guys try to draw fouls like they're shooting for the Oscars. It's all a part of the game, to an extent. The problem with football is that, because the game is so constantly strenuous on the body, there tends to be more diving because the players want a break in the action to give their team the advantage of a free kick.
Really and trully no offence intended, but sounds so Feminine way to justify unjustifiable!
Take Rugby, Martial arts, Motor sports- game and winning yup!- dancing pretentious primadonas of such level would be banned...

It's a tactic. If you could give your team a chance to score a goal off a set piece, wouldn't you try?

You can't tell me you've never exaggerated a foul before. Everyone has.

It's a tactic. If you could give your team a chance to score a goal off a set piece, wouldn't you try?

You can't tell me you've never exaggerated a foul before. Everyone has.

It's a long while since I've played, but I was always too focused on keeping the ball to be exaggerating fouls. However, the temptation to foul when outclassed is overwhelming!

FIFA has now apologised to England and Mexico for two of the refereeing decisions. This is unusual indeed. They have also agreed to reconsider goal-line technology.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has apologised to the Football Association over Frank Lampard's disallowed goal in England's World Cup defeat by Germany.
Blatter said the error had convinced him to reopen the debate on goal-line technology at a board meeting in July.

Lampard was denied a goal in Sunday's 4-1 second-round loss, even though his shot clearly crossed the line.

Blatter also said sorry to Mexico after Carlos Tevez's offside goal was allowed to stand in Argentina's 3-1 victory.

Well guys, time to get those canaries back in their cages! First eliminate their strikers by kicking them in half during the first minute and then outgun their poor defence.... Piece of cake! It worked in '74!

Well, a good game was played by the Dutch. Brazil was NOT playing like Brazil. And Felipe Melo's temper was the perfect storm for a Holland victory. Congratulations to the Netherlands. (I called Argentina to win, anyway. ;) )

Gutted for Ghana, they should have been awarded an automatic goal and given a penalty after such a blatant handball. To addinsult to injury they failed to win on penalties, football is such a cruel mistress.

Indeed she is. And that last PK was just another slap in the face. A chip in over the keeper laying on the grass.

One rule in football I think should be changed is a blatant handball in the box that prevents a goal. I think they should take a leaf out of basketball's book... Goaltending. If you block a shot that is a sure goal, the goal counts anyway. That way Suarez wouldn't feel any happiness after being sent off and missing the first semifinal his country has advanced to in however many years. Instead, he would be in tears on the sidelines watching the first African nation ever to advance to a semi.

Gutted for Ghana, they should have been awarded an automatic goal and given a penalty after such a blatant handball. To addinsult to injury they failed to win on penalties, football is such a cruel mistress.

"Cheaters never prosper."

-BALONEY!

If you block a shot that is a sure goal, the goal counts anyway.

Yes certainly this makes sense. There has to be a better punishment than sending players off as well, since this doesn't disadvantage the team much towards the end of a game. I suppose a goal could be allocated to the other side instead?

Back