~World Cup 2006

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
yep, just a few months away.. looking foreward really..

The countries that made it are mostly new.. gives me a weird odd feeling.. I mean Ivory Coast? trindad? Australia? anyways...

GO SWEDEN! :brave:

yeah, where all the action is!

Anyways, Australia is new.. Sooo.. its coming strong but new... I mean it should really be careful and not underestimate any teams in its group. Not just becasue the beat Uruguay they can go thinking they are invincible, cause thats how nations fall..
They got Japan and Croatia... countries not to underestimate.. ountries that can be quite scary :)

I cant wait either its the one time its ok to be drinking at 9 in the morning (time difference) :p jk But no its good fun I'm not a great soccor fan but love it

i think there probably should have been a couple of smilies in my last post, iv we manage to win ONE game i would be amazed! hell, if we score a goal i'll be happy :D

I am so glad Norway is not in the World Cup this time (we will never be able to get there in the first place, hey even Dart on Eurosports is more fun to watch than our games), so I will spend my time cheering for excotic countries such as Togo and Côte d'Ivoire... And off the record, Sweden!!! :)

MightyMacbeth said:
heh, I hope Sweden does something respectable..

and Iran? they are quite fascinating indeed :)

Sweden have a good team - they will do well and protect the Scandinavian Glory :drill:

Iran and the other "unknown" teams have a beuty; they can do very well and create a lot of enjoyment and fun football to watch :peace: Must the best team win (read: Togo)!

sunb! said:
Sweden have a good team - they will do well and protect the Scandinavian Glory :drill:

Iran and the other "unknown" teams have a beuty; they can do very well and create a lot of enjoyment and fun football to watch :peace: Must the best team win (read: Togo)!

Iran are, as of 2005, ranked within the Top 20 of the FIFA World Rankings with its current ranking at #19.

We have been to World Cup 1978, 1998 and this time 2006

We drew with Scotland in 78, Defeated the USA in 98

The rest is as follows:

1998 Results
USA 1 - Iran 2
Yugoslavia 1 - Iran 0
Germany 2 - Iran 0

The Netherlands 3 - Iran 0
Scotland 1 - Iran 1
Peru 4 - Iran 1

I am sure our Aussie friends here will never forget the Iran-Australia match in 1997 ;-)

As poopular as Soccer is around the world, it's nothing here in America. When the World Cup was here in 1994, the only people who paid any attention were some kids and all the expats that live here from the Soccer loving corners of the world. A lot of kids play now, so maybe when they grow up Soccer will begin to move into prominence.

lol... Iran isnt to underestimate..
They beat the US in 98..

Kuwait didnt make it, even though they beat China.. and it was a fierce fight..
But later, the idiots just lost the second round matches.. now they rank probably 73rd in Fifa.. shame

When I began writing this, I had the notion that I would write about something positive and optimistic instead of going on about how misinformed The World Cup Management Organization is. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything particularly positive to write about. So, instead, I'll just tell you that The World Cup Management Organization lives in a mental and emotional la-la land. In the text that follows, when I quote from The World Cup Management Organization, I will use the word "excrement" in place of another word which is now apparently permitted in general circulation publications and which I have edited out. The World Cup Management Organization wants us to believe that we can solve all of our problems by giving it lots of money. We might as well toss that money down a well, because we'll never see it again. What we will see, however, is that The World Cup Management Organization's premise (that it has answers to everything) is its morality disguised as pretended neutrality. The World Cup Management Organization uses this disguised morality to support its vituperations, thereby making its argument self-refuting. When I first became aware of The World Cup Management Organization's covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how by comparing today to even ten years ago and projecting the course we're on, I'd say we're in for an even more evil, power-hungry, and crapulous society, all thanks to The World Cup Management Organization's expositions. I want to draw two important conclusions from this. The first is that The World Cup Management Organization should clean up its act, and the second is that I want to live my life as I see fit. I can't do that while The World Cup Management Organization still has the ability to draw unsuspecting deviants into the orbit of what I call drugged-out swaggerers.

My general thesis is that statements like, "The World Cup Management Organization has failed entirely to grasp the essence of my criticisms of it" accurately express the feelings of most of us here. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: The World Cup Management Organization likes to brag about how the members of its flock are ideologically diverse. Perhaps that means that some of them prefer Stalin over Hitler. In any case, The World Cup Management Organization's shenanigans will have consequences -- very serious consequences. And we ought to begin doing something about that. If I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less bloody-minded than The World Cup Management Organization. It seems to me that, as others have stated long before me, "we now know for certain that The World Cup Management Organization's confreres intend to mold the mind of virtually every citizen -- young or old, rich or poor, simple or sophisticated."

One of The World Cup Management Organization's coadjutors keeps throwing "scientific" studies at me, claiming they prove that this is the best of all possible worlds and that The World Cup Management Organization is the best of all possible organizations. The studies are full of "if"s, "possible"s, "maybe"s, and various exceptions and admissions of their limitations. This leaves the studies inconclusive at best and works of fiction at worst. The only thing these studies can possibly prove is that anyone who takes The World Cup Management Organization's rebarbative paroxysms seriously has obviously not spent much time around iconoclastic rumormongers (especially the materialistic type). Or, to express that sentiment without all of the emotionally charged lingo, The World Cup Management Organization is urging us to follow it down the rabbit hole or through the looking glass into a wonderland of quislingism, so to speak. The World Cup Management Organization's drug-induced ravings are like hothouse plants. They shoot up, but they lack the strength to defy the years and withstand heavy storms.

I respect The World Cup Management Organization's teachings, although I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of its hypocrisy or crookedness. It's what I've come to expect by now. The World Cup Management Organization has been trying for some time to convince people that superstition is no less credible than proven scientific principles. Don't believe its hype! The World Cup Management Organization has just been offering that line as a means to trivialize certain events that are particularly special to us all.

Should we blindly trust such scummy crumbums? The World Cup Management Organization will just moan and groan until we give it permission to impose a "glass ceiling" that limits our opportunities for promotions in most jobs. It is also worthy of note that its representatives merely present their allegations as though they were true, a technique known as a "conclusory" or "Kierkegaardian" leap. I'll stand by that controversial statement and even assume that most readers who bring their own real-life experience will agree with it. At a bare minimum, The World Cup Management Organization's goal is to desecrate religious objects. This is abject neopaganism! By using bombastic language and selective quotation, The World Cup Management Organization is able to sugarcoat the past and dispense false optimism for the future. I'm not going to say why; we all know the reason. I am not embarrassed to admit that I have neither the training, the experience, the license, nor the clinical setting necessary to properly create greater public understanding of the damage caused by The World Cup Management Organization's pranks. Nevertheless, I unquestionably do have the will to offer true constructive criticism -- listening to the whole issue, recognizing the problems, recognizing what is being done right, and getting involved to help remedy the problem. That's why I contend that if The World Cup Management Organization were as bright as it thinks it is, it'd know that its orations are based on hate. Hate, antinomianism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life.

Ostensibly, The World Cup Management Organization does not intend to take the focus off the real issues, but in fact, my love for people necessitates that I put to rest the animosities that have kept various groups of people from enjoying anything other than superficial unity. Yes, I face opposition from The World Cup Management Organization. However, this is not a reason to quit but to strive harder. The key to The World Cup Management Organization's soul is its longing for the effortless, irresponsible, automatic consciousness of an animal. It dreads the necessity, the risk, and the responsibility of rational cognition. As a result, our path is set. By this, I mean that in order to explain a few facets of this confusing world around us, we must mention a bit about unprincipled, sadistic urban guerrillas such as The World Cup Management Organization. I consider that requirement a small price to pay because it is locked into its present course of destruction. It does not have the interest or the will to change its fundamentally blockish dissertations. The bulk of imprudent, phlegmatic carpetbaggers are at least marginally tolerable, but not The World Cup Management Organization. Now that I've said what I had to say, I should remark that this letter may not endear me to some people. Indeed, it may even cost me a friend or two. However, friends do not let friends get trampled by naive radicals like The World Cup Management Organization. The truth is the truth and we pay a steep price whenever we ignore it.

System Bolaget said:
A lot of kids play now, so maybe when they grow up Soccer will begin to move into prominence.

Red blooded American kids give up soccer in junior high or high school at the latest. I don't think it is going to challenge the NHL for fourth place. It needs more action--especially scoring--and can't end in 0-0 ties for it to be big in 'Merica.

Lacrosse has a better chance and will probably eclipse it even with the younguns in a few years.

System Bolaget said:
The truth is the truth and we pay a steep price whenever we ignore it.

Well said. As someone -- an American even -- who is quite passionate about the World Cup, this essay brought tears to my eyes. It's sad to see such an important event under the guidance of this sort of tyranny.

Back