World in conflict - possibly the best game ever?

it looks interesting. And its going to be released on the xbox360. I just dont like RTS games played on a console, RTS are pc games, imo. But its cool :)

I got the beta as well. It's a neat concept and it looks pretty, but I think that Dawn of War and Supreme Commander are still superior.

I heard about it, and personally can't wait.
wic_0612_us_artyrain2.jpg

Katyushas?

Last edited:
What I thought would be neat for shooters is if one player was able to play it as a form of strategy to give the players involved some kind of teamwork. He'd assign way points and send messages of course.

There is already a game like that 13th redneck, it's old and obscure but it's there. And it's still played every day by thousands.

Natural Selection mod for Half-Life. Outdated graphics, old engine, ingenious gameplay and awesome atmosphere.

The marines are commanded by one player who supplies them with weapons, ammo, and medkits, and drops structures and researches upgrades like a traditional RTS commander.

Their enemies are not humans, but aliens that can evolve into 5 different forms and spread hives across the map. You can act more independently as an alien, but teamwork is still necessary for victory.

Here is a link, hopefully you'll give it a whirl, because in my opinion it's the best game out there:
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/?action=game-info

I found this for pre-order at best buy, went' home, downloaded the BETA, got to play it for 20 minutes before work today.

AWESOME F***ING GAME!

The realism is amazing, tanks and Hinds don't sit shooting at each other for five minutes, if the tanks are caught in the open they get destroyed. A flight of warthogs absolutely rapes are armored column, don't build units you receive "reinforcement" points. The most realistic strategy game I have ever played, it really is amazing.

Here are some trailers for World in Conflict, set to release in the US on September 18th and September 21st world-wide. I thought multiplayer was awesome but now I really want to try the campaign, looks like an interesting story line. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be like Red Alert 2 with non-cartoonish graphics.

Looked up armed assault, and was unimpressed.

I want to see a full Commie vs. Capitalist war. On the PC.

Maybe like a Cuban Missle Crisis got worse sort of thing...

Aw Damien, Red Alert 2 was a great game, lots of fun. Sure, it's completely unrealistic, but it sure is funny. Especially that cut scene where the general gets blown up by a crazy Ivan or whatever they were called (I haven't played in 3 years).

I haven't played in three days. :p

I still play it, but the graphics were very cartoonish, even for its time.

Just downloaded the demo of world in conflict. F**KING SUPERB!!!!!
Hell for those of us who aren't in a position to buy it just yet we should friggin' download the demo and play over network or something. Awesome game.

It is like Close Combat for the modern age. The true successor to the game type. Close Combat First to Fight was a game transformation and didnt really do justice to the franchise but this really is it.

Last edited:
I've bought it today
icon_smile.gif
I’ve played closed and open beta and I must say that this game rocks !!!

So far I am on 25737 place - long way to go huh
icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh btw this is how Polish World in Conflict Special Edition looks like:

What's included in Polish WiC SE:

- Exclusive ammonution box
- DVD Movie about creating WiC
- Poster
- Headphones with microphone
- CCCP or USA Flag
- A Cap with logo of WiC
- A T-**** with logo of WiC

Price: 156.49 PLN = 41.61 euro or 59.27$