Workouts, and pushup questions...

ACTaFOOL82

A few months ago I started a new workout where I do curls, and decline bench 3 times a week (along with the regular school workout). Before I started the new workout, I could do 40 to 45 pushups (chest/face about inch or centimeter from floor).

Recently whenever I do pushups I have to strain just to get 30 done. Could it be the workout, or maybe just fatigue? Does anyone know how I could increase how many pushups I can do? :cowb:

Well the best way to increase your number of pushups, is to do pushups. Maybe because of your work out routine you have discarded them, the best thing to do is max out on them after you have completed your workout routine, or do them before bed. I found a great way to increase them is to do 10 every hour. But Make sure you are doing proper ones. Doing 30 good pushups is better than doing 50 improper ones.

do asmuch as you can 3 times a day, and yes eat alot of proteins

since im studying bio, im gonna tell you what i told everybody else, eat fish, eat seaweed, eat anything from teh sea

they contain iodine which produces thyroxin, and thyroxin helps cells, especially muscle cells, to produce atp, which is energy needed to do those pushups

it also increases ur metabolism

however you gotta do alot more pushups once you reach 50, i find when i reach that i cant go further without doing a heck of alot more to increase my experience, this happens if ur 1.80 meters or higher, since height really effect pushups rate

In bench press to get better at push-ups you must do 3-4 sets with 50 percent body weight at 20 reps a set. Then add pounds when it gets too easy. Or, this is the program I am trying with a kid who is gonna be Michigan Wolverine's kicker next year, do 600 push-ups in any amount of time that you can, then work on lowering that time.

before you lift any weights be sure you strech..i my self forgot one time after 3 weeks of lazyness and pulled a mule in my shoulder.

or you could go for bodyweight exercises... and alternate the way you do your push-ups.. i`m a follower of Matt Fureys "combat conditioning" program and he has quite a lot of alternations described in his books... i have done a routine for about for three months now and i have a physical test coming up in the end of the month.. haven´t done regular push-ups since my last one just to see how it works... and my last gym visit was about a 5 months ago..

Thanks for the tips. So many people work out in this forum that its the best place to go for questions and awnsers. I'll tear it up. :cowb:

but there is something called overworking

be patient with ur body, it takes time

ive seen a crazy guy in gym, trying to pull up a heavy weight, ended up ripping his biceps

Urbanboy said:
do asmuch as you can 3 times a day, and yes eat alot of proteins

since im studying bio, im gonna tell you what i told everybody else, eat fish, eat seaweed, eat anything from teh sea

they contain iodine which produces thyroxin, and thyroxin helps cells, especially muscle cells, to produce atp, which is energy needed to do those pushups

it also increases ur metabolism

however you gotta do alot more pushups once you reach 50, i find when i reach that i cant go further without doing a heck of alot more to increase my experience, this happens if ur 1.80 meters or higher, since height really effect pushups rate

I'll remember what you said about seafood.

...Peanuts in their various forms get boring and power bars are thoroughly disgusting and vile(exept the Kars bars).

Back