Work hard is the way of Success not luck

Bullpup_one

I agree that people success it is because a hard work. I think the most easy way to successful is receiv a good education and work hard with your work, and success without hard work is not possible for most people.

First of all, we receive a good education and career just like a important key of success. Every one want study in a good college or university, so they study hard and get a good mark in high school. When study in college or university, people want to get a pressure degree, wishing to pass the university and doing well in the tests. They are good in could pass the test with high score, low score means fail, and the test will likely be admitted. So in order to successful you need prepare hard work for your work and test, because good education will provide you get a good job.

It's a really happen in my father's life. When my father opening a company, the company doesn't have really good business. He feels he needs to learn more new knowledge, so my father was study at night and work in the morning. There is only one people work in my father's company that one is my father. Now there are about 100 people in Taipei, Hong Kong, and China company. My father is successful, he paly golf every day now, but he still learning some knowledge, work hard and finish his work before he play golf.

Here is another example, the famous and most rich person Bill Gates. He strongly believes in hard work, he think if you are intelligent and know how to apply your intelligence, than you can achieve anything. When Gates study in Harrard University, he spent a lot of time in front of the school's computer at night and the next day asleep in class. Gates and his friend would often discuss new ideas for future projects every day, and possibility starting a business one day. At the end of Bill's first year, his friend come close to him so that they could follow some thier ideas. That summer they get the job in Honeywell. Later, they opening a new software company, than he formed Microsoft. His belief in high intelligence and hard work has put him where he is today. He doesn't believe in luck or God, he is not a greedy person.

So if we interesting in something we need to spend time and work hard on that, study is also important. That are the really help way for success. Maybe the luck is important, but we can't only doing something because luck. :bang:

Thats logic really.. "no pain, no gain"..

Nowadays, people look mostly at your academic achievements more than anything..

You need to work to your limits, with motivation and interest... shall you fail, then that was your fate, and no shame in failing if you have done your true best. You can read my sig ;)

But yes, you cant just sit down and expect the best.
Second, I do believe in good and bad luck, or lets say, its a matter of fate and destiny. And ofcourse, there has to be a religious part in it.

:)

Look, I don't want to discourage Harvard-grade America (or anyplace else for that matter), but here goes. I'm a 4.0 student. Big hairy deal, man. The GPA doesn't make a man, the content of his soul and character does. In a co-worker, in a fellow man, I look firstly for character and secondly for intelligence. Same goes for members of the opposite sex.

Sure, the cat's smart- but will he work for you? As a member of the GT program (the musical side, by the way, is largely wasted when you only learn theory), I've seen a lot of my compatriots go to seed and get sloppy. Results aren't pretty. I'd rather have smart and motivated than smart and lazy any day. Work little, gain little. Work hard, gain much more, morally and physically, than you could have hoped for. It can be slow in coming, but it comes.

"It's a whole lot better to go up the river with 7 studs than a 100 ****heads." Charlie Beckwith, founder of Delta Force

Hope that clears things up for you; your father has the right idea, and I hope you're learning from him.

Deerslayer, that's pretty much the way I think about education except first, I look for character, then common sense problem solving, then, of course intelligence does count for something. Some people have to try harder than others because there are "naturals" out there in every walk of life. Such as someone who has never played a game like pool, but cleans everyone's clock. That's the natural talent that people describe as luck. It is pretty much the same in business. The Ross Perots and Bill Gates' had a step up on everyone when they started designing software. Couple that with hard work and devotion to your work and you're a multi-millionaire before you're old enough to retire.

There is "no pain no gain":twisted: . The ancient leader from China ZHONG-SHAN SUN. He was study in japanese before and spent 11 years to repellent the enemy from outside, the leader was abortively again and again but he never ever give up. Later, he won the war, he not sit there because luck and won the war.:salute:

Missileer said:
Deerslayer, that's pretty much the way I think about education except first, I look for character, then common sense problem solving, then, of course intelligence does count for something. Some people have to try harder than others because there are "naturals" out there in every walk of life. Such as someone who has never played a game like pool, but cleans everyone's clock. That's the natural talent that people describe as luck. It is pretty much the same in business. The Ross Perots and Bill Gates' had a step up on everyone when they started designing software. Couple that with hard work and devotion to your work and you're a multi-millionaire before you're old enough to retire.
Then again, you can weed out the unmotivated ones rather quickly by making a parachute jump. That would, IMHO, do a lot for many corporations (can we say Jack Grubman? :lol:)
True, there are naturals in every field- if at first you don't succeed, then dealing with pitbulls just isn't for you:) Learned that the hard way, and I am reminded right now by the scars on my shoulder. No pain, well... no pain:)

CAP Cadet Burrichter said:
I see 7 bullpups ^_^

thanx for enlightening us.. :drunkb:

anyways, sometimes there is no hard work at all.

Say for example, Your father was a wealthy business man, and died, then its up for you to take over.. here, you got one million dollars just by being his son lol

Sometimes, a little luck doesn't hurt.

Example: when I graduated with my first Master's degree, I got a job at a hospital working as a special assistant to the CEO. Of course, I worked hard and earned a reputation as a "can do" person -- but here's where the luck comes in: the hospital was part of a larger multi-hospital merger, and the CEO's senior staff was getting pulled in all different directions. The CEO needed someone who could help him manage some of the day-to-day operations and take some of the load off the other senior staff. Hence, I ended up skipping middle management and became a Vice President-level administrator after only about 18 months on the job.

"How is this luck?" you ask. "You worked hard, you got a promotion you deserved." True, but if the merger didn't happen, then the extra work would not have been created to overwhelm the other senior staff, and my boss would not have been able to justify creating an extra senior staff position. (Of course, I continued to work hard to justify the promotion -- would look kinda bad if I got promoted and then sat my sorry a$$ all day, right?)

I was often invited to go back to my graduate school to counsel some of their younger students, and the school would treat me as something of a superstar -- someone who was promoted to a senior position at a very young age. (At 26 years old, I was by far the youngest boss in the NYC hospital industry.) I would always tell them: "I can only tell you what happened to me, but the truth is that I was the right person, at the right place, at the right time."

Hard work will always get you where you want to go, but a little luck just might get you a little further than you expected.

Bullpup_one said:
There is "no pain no gain":twisted: . The ancient leader from China ZHONG-SHAN SUN. He was study in japanese before and spent 11 years to repellent the enemy from outside, the leader was abortively again and again but he never ever give up. Later, he won the war, he not sit there because luck and won the war.:salute:
The best road to take is the one with gain with no pain. But, since that is not always possible, every real leader in history learns his enemy and,

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never, in nothing, great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." -Sir Winston Churchill

Back