Woohoo! Just got back from my first Sea Cadet Drill Weekend!

CDTGaticaW201

I must say it was pretty damn fun too. We did alot of PT and drill, and they had Uniform Inspections, which we didn't do too great so I got to go through a modified mini-bootcamp. I'm going to have to get used to all the standing :shock: but it was a great time nonetheless. I gotta thank all you sea cadets on here though, I had no idea they existed until I joined the board, and now I'm one too!

Question though.....they didn't have any surplus size 13 shoes so I was wondering what kind I would need, any help would be great!

where you located, because you can go to the nearest base and buy Bates shoes, do not get the pair you don't have to shine.

wow I can't believe it I'm actually a veterean now. I have people I have to train, three recruits, in actuallity two, because it is not my duty to train the females.

I'm in Columbia, MO...my division's in Jefferson City, MO.

I'm probably going to try to head out to this Army Surplus Gear store we have around here and seeing if they have any. But I'll more than likely just order mine online. How do I know which pairs are the ones that need to be shined?

Sea_Cadet said:
there's the leather ones and then there's the corcorfrans I think and their really shiny

Choroframs- anyway i know your spelling is wrong and sure as hell sure mine is also wrong

Thanks again you guys! I found some pretty damn cheap "seconds" on Amazon for 25 bucks but they don't carry 13's :? . But I'll have to look around a tad bit more.

Another question...Could anyone help with pressing instructions? They only had enough time to issue my dress blues and utility uniforms, and I was wondering what needed what creases and how to tell the Dry Cleaners to do the dress blues.

Sorry for the tall order!

Well, the best thing to do is use starch. It shines in places, but all you have to do is scratch that part off and you're good to go. Also when you spray on the starch wait for a little bit so it can get into the fabric. That's about as far as I can help you with ironing since i'm not a sea cadet.

make this simple, there's the high gloss one you see, and then there's the non high gloss one, go for the non high gloss.

nulli secundus said:
Well, the best thing to do is use starch. It shines in places, but all you have to do is scratch that part off and you're good to go. Also when you spray on the starch wait for a little bit so it can get into the fabric. That's about as far as I can help you with ironing since i'm not a sea cadet.

NEVER, I mean NEVER use Starch it destroys the Uniform and Ruins everything it touches

I don't use starch on my clothes...I find it very rough on fabrics. I just mist water over it before I go over it with the Iron.

Thanks you guys, This guy has a pair of 12's on teh Ebay I can probably fit into...otherwise it's only a 15 buck loss and I found another pair for 40 at this Frank Bee uniform site.

Any answer on the uniform creases though?

USAFAUX2004 said:
NEVER, I mean NEVER use Starch it destroys the Uniform and Ruins everything it touches
If you use starch the right way then you are fine. I've been using it for two years, only one mishap and it washed right out. Been using it on the same uniform as well.

hey was it really that fun. . .and great b/c i was thinking of joining the sea cadets but i wasnt sure if i could take on 2 programs at the same time

c/SSgt Wells

:p

It actually was pretty damn fun and fulfilling. At points hard and mentally strenuous, but I can't say I didn't pull anything out of it...and I'm only on my second drill! If you think you can take it, by all means go for it.

What cadet corps are you in right now might I ask? If you're in CAP, I've been wanting to join CAP too.

I found one and got the info package in the mail a couple weeks ago. It's just I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna be able to juggle it all right now, especially with a license. I'm considering to join in May when I can drive because right now I have Sea Cadets which is an hour away, and I'm also the Master Councilor of my Demolay chapter (It's a social fraternity you men should consider joining www.demolay.org) and just a whole bunch of other factors.

Thanks though Nulli.

Back