...Wonder of the World?

--
Boots

April 8th, 2005  
Kenty

Topic: ...Wonder of the World?

Here's the list: Click here

My favourite is The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. That is one class garden- I want one
April 8th, 2005  
Battleman

My favourite wonder of the world is a nice cold beer after an exercise!
April 8th, 2005  
WarMachine

Either the temple of artemis or the hanging gardens, at least you can actually use those for services, everything else just sits there and becomes relics.
--
Boots
April 8th, 2005  
Charge 7

Has to be the Colossus at Rhodes. Immense, functional (it was a lighthouse so it didn't "just sit there") and the design inspired the Statue of Liberty.
April 9th, 2005  
Bootboy82

my favorite w.o.t.w. is The Great Pyramid of Giza, because it is the only one that still exists
April 9th, 2005  
WarMachine

The colossus looks cool, but it could've never been built that way since it would've collapsed. The way it was supposedly made was to look like a crude soldier holding a torch, i saw a pic of that style and thought it was very ugly. Lighthouses tend to have bad luck seeing that they keep getting destroyed by earthquakes.
April 10th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Form the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World .......my pick would be The Great Pyramid of Giza.

Vote For Your New Seven Wonders Of the World

Peace
-=SF_13=-
April 11th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Colossus of Rhode.
April 11th, 2005  
Tibs

The Lighthouse of Alexandria. The website says that there are legends that "the mirror was also used to detect and burn enemy ships before they could reach the shore." Well, I wouldn't mind to have one myself then!
May 29th, 2009  
sky2979

Aztec Temple.....yup.