Who won?

WHO WON.....Well it is draw at the moment. Israel has inflicted heavy damage on every one in Lebanon and the Israelis have found that the fighting on the ground was harder than expected. Another thing that the Israelis found out that was that their tanks would not stand up to latest Russian Anti Tank Rockets and their reactive armour had been neutralised by these rockets having a secondary charge. The first charge destroyed the reactive armour and the second charge would penetrate the tank.

Iran leader praises Hezbollah resistance
By HUSSEIN DAKROUB, Associated Press Writer

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in a message to Hezbollah head Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, described the militant group's clashes with Israel as a "victory" for Islam.

"Your unprecedented holy war and steadfastness are beyond the limits of my description. It's a divine victory. It is a victory of Islam," Khamenei said in the message read by an announcer on Hezbollah's Al-Manar television.

Hezbollah is heavily financed and backed by Iran's Shiite Muslim theocracy.

"With God's help you were able to prove that military superiority is not (measured) in the number (of soldiers), planes, warships and tanks. Rather, it depends on the power of faith and holy war," Khamenei said.
"You have ridiculed the myth that the Zionist army is invincible," he said.
Khamenei said the U.S.-Israeli plan for "a new Middle East" had been shattered by Hezbollah's resistance against Israel's 34-day military offensive in Lebanon.

"Lebanon has emerged (from the war) shining and beaming as a result of its people's determination and heroism," he said.

"The (Israeli) enemy has made a mistake in imagining that by attacking Lebanon, it is targeting the weakest chain of the region's states to inaugurate its illusory Middle East plan as it desires," Khamenei said.
"But the American-Israeli enemy was oblivious to the Lebanese people's patience, intelligence and heroism. It was also oblivious to the strength of Lebanon's big arms," he said.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has said that the U.S. administration was working with its allies for "a new Middle East" where anti-Israeli militant groups, like Hezbollah and the Palestinian groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad, have no place. All three groups are on a U.S. list of terror organizations.

Khamenei said Israeli attacks that killed Lebanese civilians and destroyed much of the country's infrastructure have exposed "the real face of America and some European countries, side-by-side with the hated and repugnant Zionist face."

"They (Israeli attacks) have also uncovered the level of falsehood surrounding the hollow slogans ... about human rights and democracy," Khamenei said.

He lashed out at President Bush for declaring that the Israeli assault in Lebanon was self-defense and had defeated the Shiite guerrillas.
Khamenei is the supreme religious authority to Hezbollah followers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060816/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_hezbollah_iran&printer=1

Easy-8 said:
Iran leader praises Hezbollah resistance
By HUSSEIN DAKROUB, Associated Press Writer

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in a message to Hezbollah head Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, described the militant group's clashes with Israel as a "victory" for Islam.

"Your unprecedented holy war and steadfastness are beyond the limits of my description. It's a divine victory. It is a victory of Islam," Khamenei said in the message read by an announcer on Hezbollah's Al-Manar television.

Hezbollah is heavily financed and backed by Iran's Shiite Muslim theocracy.

Various stuff snipped.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060816/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_hezbollah_iran&printer=1

Ain't it strange how religious zealotry changes objective reality?

Dean.

If you are really interested in who is going to win, read the Bible. I can't nail down Book, chapter and verse, but there is some indication of what will be.

For now there is no winner.

Respectfully submitted as my personal opinion.

Dean said:
The only reasons that I have more hope this time are as follows.
1. Some of the peacekeeping troops will be Muslims, and Hezbollah cannot fire on them with out losing some of their support.
2. The Lebanese army is supposed to take positions in the south, and again, Hezbollah cannot engage them.

I doubt Hezbolla will attack the Lebanese army or the U.N. forces. A more important question is will the Lebanese army and the U.N. peacekeeping forces attack Hezbolla to prevent or stop a strike on Israel? Will the Lebanese army hunt down folks that launch a rocket over the border?

2dold4this said:
I doubt Hezbolla will attack the Lebanese army or the U.N. forces. A more important question is will the Lebanese army and the U.N. peacekeeping forces attack Hezbolla to prevent or stop a strike on Israel? Will the Lebanese army hunt down folks that launch a rocket over the border?

I would guess the probability of Hezbolla attacking has more to do with their paranoid stances as well as the fact that they still have rockets that thay can launch without leaving home, so to speak.

5.56X45mm said:
Hezbollah agreeing to the UN cease fire is what the NFL likes to call HALF TIME.

Hezbollah will start the fighting soon.

Exactly, it is a ceasefire.... not an end to hostility.
That'll be when you see the photos of happy handshakes and the like.

2dold4this said:
They won't. When I said: "go up against Hezbollah," what I meant was effectively stopping (forcing) them from firing rockets, raids and other types of attacks on Israel. I very highly doubt that Hezbollah and the Lebanese Army would actually engage each other in combat. T'aint gonna happen. As for other western armies..... I'm not so sure. News at 11:00, as they say.

Dean.

Last edited:
Back