women better marksmen

I have heard the same thing about shooting in the military. On my shooting team as a kid allot of the females were able to master shooting more efficiently then the new male shooters on the team, at least the basic concepts-muscle relaxation breath control body positions. There is no replacement for experience. How ever most the females on my team burnt out on the sport pretty quickly and consequently lost interest-adolescences. I think a lack of interest and real concentration could be blamed on the amount of failures. Just my 2cents flame on

Men aren't shooting better because of this PC guns are bad deal. If you start young, you'll shoot better. I sure did. I started shooting at a early age. And when I enlisted, I scored expert in both pistol and rifle.

In Australia, only women are employed by the Mint to examine new sheets of money notes, as they are understood to be better than men at spotting printing distorions, errors, bad colours, etc. If true, then their femm gifts in the eye-sight department might explain why some hold them to be better marksmen. Then again, how do we explain why they are poorer drivers than men and why in this activity their super-eyesight lets them down?

Having coached a number of females in our Army I have found they do not come to the firing line with a lot of preconceived bull :cen: about shooting, they are more prepared to listen to what they are told and therefore they apply the marksmanship principles taught to them and shoot well.

On the civilian side I know of a number of very good female shooters, all proven winners in a national or international forum.

On both sides there are those who play helpless fluttering their eyelashes thinking that will get them bullseyes. At least the soldiers you can face rip, the civi's just get ignored.

I would really like to link a soldiers pay to his marksmanship ability.... it would certainly refocus a number of individuals.

5.56X45mm said:
Men aren't shooting better because of this PC guns are bad deal. If you start young, you'll shoot better. I sure did. I started shooting at a early age. And when I enlisted, I scored expert in both pistol and rifle.

how young are we talking..any specific age range ??

It is along the same lines as someone that has never fired a rifle before .. they are generally easier to instruct than someone that has grown up firing rifles since they were "knee high to a grasshopper." They do not have as many bad habits to break or misconceptions in knowledge to reteach. It is far easier to work with a blank slate than it is to write over a full one.

As a generality, women are easier to instruct than men .. they tend to be more open minded, are less likely to 'tinker,' and do not feel the need to bluster as much.

There are, of course, exceptions to every rule.

Then again, how do we explain why they are poorer drivers than men and why in this activity their super-eyesight lets them down?

I do not know that women are "poorer" drivers than men, but women tend to have less aggressive driving styles. Males tend to have more accidents, especially during the younger years.

Then again, how do we explain why they are poorer drivers than men and why in this activity their super-eyesight lets them down?

I do not know that women are "poorer" drivers than men, but women tend to have less aggressive driving styles. Males tend to have more accidents, especially during the younger years.[/quote]

I should have inserted a :D so that you would know I meant that as a joke :lol:

RnderSafe said:
I do not know that women are "poorer" drivers than men, but women tend to have less aggressive driving styles.

Yeah, well, I guess my wife is the exception that proves that rule.

;)

A couple of connected links and a related article:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/f/fe/female_roles_in_the_world_wars.htm

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Lyudmila+Pavlichenko

IJPSM 5 (2003) 16
Acquisition of marksmanship and gun handling skills through basic law enforcement training in an American police department
Michael T. Charles and Anne G. Copay
In order to evaluate the marksmanship skills and gun handling skills that could be learned through the basic law enforcement firearms course, the skills of 216 inexperienced shooters (185 men and 31 women) were measured before and after the basic law enforcement firearms course. The marksmanship test consisted in shooting 14 rounds from a distance of 15 yards. The gun handling test consisted in loading the handgun, unloading the handgun, and clearing a type 3 malfunction. The marksmanship scores signify- cantly improved after the firearms course (from 43.46 to 106.86 points) but the women’s scores were significantly lower than the men’s scores both before and after the course. Recruits significantly reduced the time needed to load the weapon (from 27.17 to 9.12 seconds), to unload the weapon (from 15.48 to 3.84 seconds), and to clear the malfunction (from 30.13 to 11.05 seconds) but women took more time than men to clear the malfunction. The content of the basic firearms course is presented, the validity of law enforcement firearms training is discussed, and recommendations are made in order to improve training.

new numbers in Canada show that we have more women in universities than men....and they also tend to do better in acedemics...

maybe women are smarter than men i am afraid so..

It can vary from person to person, some women will take to shooting like a duck to water, others will flinch and pull away when they pull the trigger as they don't like the bang, such is life.

i have also heard that women was a better shot than men from my captain.
Can't quite remember why dohhhhhhh.....

Back