Woman Thrown on Live Commuter Rail After Telling Kids to Stop Smoking

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
A British commuter was thrown on to a railway line after she told two youths to stop smoking on a station platform on Wednesday.
The woman, whose identity is not known, suffered burns and a suspected broken collar bone and was taken to the hospital after the incident, at Farningham Road station in Kent during the rush hour shortly after 7a.m.
South Eastern train services between Kent and London were disrupted because the power had to be turned off.
The woman had asked the youths to stop smoking on the station platform, where smoking is banned, the train company said.
A scuffle started and she was thrown on to the track before fellow passengers dragged her off.
British Transport Police, who are studying CCTV footage of the incident and were said to be following up a number of leads, said the woman was lucky to be alive because the “live” rail was carrying 750 volts of electricity.
A South Eastern spokesman said: “We are appalled by this incident and hope the perpetrators are quickly identified.”

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398493,00.html

Same thing ought to happen to the people that did this to her. Crush their collarbone with a sledge hammer and toss them on the train tracks, preferably as the train is coming.

Somewhat similar here as well though not THAT bad. If you're willing to say something to a kid, you better be able to beat him up.

If he attacks you, you'll have to fight back, win, and then get jailed for assault on a "juvenile," never mind that he's a good 30cm taller than you and 40kg heavier and he started the fight.
But it's better than getting run over by a train.

Two kids smoking is a stupid reason to get in a scrap. I see that all the time. But then I find the smell of tobacco smoke relaxing, even though I never smoked any myself.

I wonder what made them angry enough to actually throw her on the tracks. That's real bad.

Back