Woman sues NASA for smashing up comet

KC72

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian astrologist who says NASA has altered her horoscope by crashing a spacecraft into a comet is suing the U.S. space agency for damages of $300 million, local media reported Monday.

NASA deliberately crashed its probe, named Deep Impact, into the Tempel 1 comet to unleash a spray of material formed billions of years ago which scientists hope will shed new light on the composition of the solar system.

"It is obvious that elements of the comet's orbit, and correspondingly the ephemeris, will change after the explosion, which interferes with my astrology work and distorts my horoscope," Izvestia daily quoted astrologist Marina Bai as saying in legal documents submitted before Monday's collision.

A spokeswoman for a Moscow district court said initial preparations for the case were underway but could not say when the hearing would begin. NASA representatives in Moscow were unavailable for comment.

This is beautiful. I absolutely love Russians. Hehehe.

Try checking out this site sometimes, it is serious, not a joke and some of the stories are absolutely b-zarre.

www.mosnews.com

What next, someone suing because a star goes out? There are not proprietary rights in space so why should anyone feel violated. I guess the question is why not?

The funniest thing I have read in this site yet! :lol:

Some people can be that stupid or too self-consious! WOW! :roll:

this is the awsomest stupid thing i have ever heard!!!!! i was just at the goldstone space agency in california near ft irwin, we were learnin about the stuff in space and all and that looked like quite an interesting endevor. But to sue nasa for messin up your horoscope!!!!!! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Almost as bad as those people that still try suing McDonalds for a steaming cup of coffee landing in their laps while they are driving.

i wonder why the reps were unavailable for comment. could it be that they were in the hospital getting their ribs checked for damages from lauging so hard?

I read about this on another fourm that I visit, and I made the same reply that I'll make here.

first) I want what shes takeing cause it obviously doesn't show up on a wiz quiz.
Second) I hope she takes the money and has surgery to replace her useless nonworking brain with one that has common sense already in it.

"It is obvious that elements of the comet's orbit, and correspondingly the ephemeris, will change after the explosion,
I don't think the orbit exsisted after the comet exploded. She needs to change her story. :lol:

Quick way you know your working with a Quack here.

She is an "Astrologist" which is not anything close to an exact science. Get a clue lady, NASA has other things to worry about rather then someone complaining about her future.

Maybe we'll be really lucky and a piece of her poor comet will land on her head and knock some sense into her :)

nulli secundus said:
"It is obvious that elements of the comet's orbit, and correspondingly the ephemeris, will change after the explosion,
I don't think the orbit exsisted after the comet exploded. She needs to change her story. :lol:

actuallly they just crashed a small thing into the comet and it broke parts of the comet. the whole thing didn't explode, it is still there and i would imangine that its orbit is a bit wobbly now. yeah....

danthepirate said:
actuallly they just crashed a small thing into the comet and it broke parts of the comet. the whole thing didn't explode, it is still there and i would imangine that its orbit is a bit wobbly now. yeah....
oops.

Back