Woman On The Run, She Marries Military Men Then Drains Their Accounts

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

I really hope they catch this woman. What a pain in the ass..

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-052510-preyingonthemilitary,0,1283386.story

Seattle - An Army investigator is trying to hunt down a military mistress, a woman accused of conning dozens of soldiers across the country, including a marine in western Washington.

Victims say for nearly two decades, Bobbi Ann Finley has been stalking, marrying and ruining the lives and bank accounts of men serving our country.

"She tends to go for guys that are leaving the country. They are being deployed outside of the country so when they are gone they can't close their accounts," says Katie Wegg.

Wegg's son was wooed in 2004. He met Bobbi Ann in San Antonio while he was in the Army Reserves. She told him she was the daughter of a Marine Corp General about to inherit a lot of money, but in order to get it, she had to get married. It's a story Katie Wegg says dozens of service members fell for, and she's done the digging to prove it.

"I've spoken to 40 victims and 11 ex-husbands," says Wegg.

One of them is a marine who was stationed at the naval base in Bremerton a few years back. A Kitsap County Superior Court document shows a warrant for Bobbi Ann's arrest in December 2006. The prosecuting attorney noted, "It is believed she has become associated with other military males in the state of Washington and that she is in the process of defrauding them."

We contacted the Bremerton Naval Base. Spokesman Ton Danaher says he hadn't heard of Bobbi Ann Finley, but adds "This is an unfortunate circumstance. Obviously if we felt a fraudulent individual was active in our area, we would inform our young people."

Katie Wegg has compiled lists of military men Bobbi Ann preyed on, hunted down court documents and contacted police in at least a dozen cities. She's also found birth records for nine of Bobbi Ann's kids. One of them she thinks is her grandson.

Shane Cheeseman met Bobbi Ann in 1998, when he was serving at Ft. Hood in Texas.

"There is a good possibility that I have a little girl. She's the spitting image of me at that age," says Cheeseman.

Cheeseman says he married Bobbi Ann on a Monday and she was gone the following weekend. When she took off, Shane's credit cards were maxed out and his bank account was empty. It wasn't until months later that he learned he wasn't the only victim.

"Military police got a hold of me later down the road that she was married to seven other service members."

Bobbi Ann Finley was last seen in Oklahoma at the beginning of March. The last trace of her in Washington was in July 2009. She was arrested in Buckley in Pierce County, about an hour southeast of Seattle, for making a false statement to police. We spoke with her court appointed attorney tonight. He says she never showed up for her court date and there is still an active warrant for her arrest. The Army has assigned a CID special agent to look into this case

Back