Wohooo, Norway won the Eurovision 2009 tonight

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I'm soooo proud, since "we" won the Eurovision Song Contest tonight. :m16:

387 points for Norway, and Iceland in 2nd place got 218 so it was a pretty good margin there..
387 points is also a new record since it's the first time anyone has got over 300 points there
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=2647

Here's the song from the Norwegian Final
Alexander Rybak & FRIKAR dance company

I'm not going to turn on the radio for the next couple of weeks since this song has been on constantly the last month, and I'm pretty sure it'll get worse now.. :p

Gratulations. id guess....Not at all ghey..haha..
Just kidding..Good on you lads..ehh

Ah Eurovision. I remember watching that. A few years back there was this crazy Austrian guy who had held like 500 different odd jobs and then sang about how much he likes animals. Sounded like some weird crap you come up with while high on some powerful narcotics. He didn't place too badly either.

And congratulations to Norway.

Yeah, this was a new voting system which produced a much better quality Eurovision. Most of the songs worthy of serious consideration this time, the Moscow production was fantastic, and the winner was brilliant and well-deserved victory by that margin.

Congratulations Norway - nice one.

Congratulations to Norway.

Even worse, I've always thought that Iceland is part of North America. :oops: Time to study in geography. :bang:

Got confused with Greenland then. Though i'm not sure if Greenland is usually thrown in with North America politically. Though it should be geography wise.

Got confused with Greenland then. Though i'm not sure if Greenland is usually thrown in with North America politically. Though it should be geography wise.
A tiny bit off-topic, but here you go. :D

Greenland (Kalaallisut: Kalaallit Nunaat, meaning "Land of the Greenlanders"; Danish: Grønland) is a member country of the Kingdom of Denmark located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, east of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.

Though physiographically and ethnically an Arctic island country historically and geographically a part of the continent of North America, since the 18th century Greenland has been politically associated with Europe, specifically Denmark. In 1979, Denmark granted home rule to Greenland, with a relationship described by the Rigsfællesskabet, and in 2008 Greenland voted to become a separate country within the Kingdom of Denmark, effective June 2009. Greenland is, by area, the world's largest island that is not a continent in its own right,[3] as well as the least densely populated country in the world.[4] However, since the 1950s, scientists have postulated that the ice cap covering the country may actually conceal three separate island land masses that have been bridged by glacier.[5][6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

So are you sick of "Fairytale" yet, Redleg? I actually like it. Its very catchy. And Frikar. Wow. I'd love to see them in person someday. :)

So are you sick of "Fairytale" yet, Redleg? I actually like it. Its very catchy. And Frikar. Wow. I'd love to see them in person someday. :)
Yeah, I'm getting a tiny bit tired of it.. :p
But my daughter loves it, so I wont get rid of it so easy.. :brave:

Back