WMD's found in Iraq

It is unwise to argue with fools. Present the information and walk away. People will draw their own conclusions regardless of what you or I or anyone says. Oftentimes they will do this without reading the entire source and if they do more often they will not comprehend what they are reading.

Removing Saddam needed to be done regardless of the arguments presented. The right thing to do is the right thing to do whether one person or a billion people agree.

It was on the priority list anyway wasn't it?

Edit, sorry, my connection is slow so i didnt see you said the same thing, bulldogg.

Italian Guy said:
Chief Bones, so many times have I repeated how the WMD's (of which we have found less quantities but not "nothing whatsoever"=> the WMD's were not "non-existent") were only one of three main reasons Bush brought out to go into Iraq, and the other two were proved right.

You are wrong in your assertion ...
Not one single justification for the invasion has been proven to have ANY validity ... a hand full of WMDs doesn't prove a stockpile ... no chemical program was ever discovered ... no nuclear material or nuclear program was ever uncovered ... no major connection to Al-Qaeda have ever been proven .............. I can go on and on and on with the various excuses that have been spoon fed to the world as justification for the invasion and NOT ONE SINGLE reason has ever been proven.

The ONLY reason that HAS NOT been dis-proven, has been revenge for Saddam's plan to have Bush Sr assassinated. As a matter of fact, there is more evidence for this assertion than for any other justification that has been offered to date.

moving0target said:
I, too, am interested to learn the real reason this report wasn't made public earlier. I'll hold my judgement as to whether it's a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy until a few more facts have come out. I certainly don't expect Bush-haters to do that, since they're largely a judgmental bunch who usually aren't terribly concerned with facts when there's hangin' to be done.

I too would like to see "definitive" information as to why they waited this long to divulge this information ... the main problem with reserving judgement, is the track record of the Bush administration and the Republicans during the time that GW and the Republicans have controlled the Whitehouse, the Senate and the House. Ever since GW made the decision to invade Iraq, any information which has been released by pro-Bush forces has had to be viewed with a whole lot of scepticism. Their spin control has twisted facts so far that you don't know where the truth starts and the lies end.

And yes, I have never denied that I don't like GW ... but ... that doesn't change the facts ... GW and the spin machine have raised grave doubts about the accuracy of information that is put out by Bush's minions. History has shown that they aren't to be trusted to tell the truth.

I happen to soundly disagree with you as I have explained everywhere. To this day, if someone still believes the major three reasons Bush mentioned to go into Iraq were lies it means they do not want to open their eyes on the truth.

Last edited:
Give me an ounce of sarin and I can make an ied that will wipe out a battalion Chief. Doesn't need to be delivered by a known weapon system, ied's are all the rage and I have been making them since I was 14. Matchsticks, threaded 3/4 inch pipe and an ounce of sarin... g'night.

Henderson

I said Sarin gas. Not Mustard. Thats a big difference because Mustard gas can keep its potency much longer due to its higher pressure. And I am not saying the canisters arn't dangerous what I saying is there is far more dangerous stuff around then a few old shells. Follow on Bones reply he it the nail on the head. A degraded shell of sarin gas is unusable. That hardly represents a threat.

Besides these are artillery shells not a ballistic missile warheads. How on earth was Saddam supposed to deliever the gas to the USA. There is not an artillery piece in exsistence that could fire a shell that far. He wouldnt even have been able to have hit Isreal. These were tactical weapons not strategic...

Italian Guy

Those who dont want to open their eyes now represents almost 60% of Americans. More and more people view this war as a serious error including several neocons.

Last edited:
Hundreds of artillery shells are being used with devestating effect in Iraq without an artillery piece in sight. IEDs ladies and germs, they can be chemical as well as conventional in their lethality.

bulldogg said:
Hundreds of artillery shells are being used with devestating effect in Iraq without an artillery piece in sight. IEDs ladies and germs, they can be chemical as well as conventional in their lethality.

In a battlefield, yes. As i said an IED is a tactical weapon not a strategic one.

But how was this a threat to US homeland security? Remember Bush sold this war by saying Saddams WMDs were threat to US homeland. There wasn't any evident or suggestion that Saddam would be using IEDs to attack the US. There was a suggestion of warheads, which was Bush more far-fetched lies as Iraq's largest missile was the Iraqi modified SCUD-B ER, which as the first Gulf War showed were unreliable at best (most broke up in mid-air).

Last edited:
I think the story goes, the shells couldnt be used for their "intended purpose", not that the contents weren't deadly. An air burst is needed to spread a liquid over a large area and the liquid inside had become a gooey but still potent poison. One drop of sarin on your skin can cause death. This stuff has to be incinerated by someone who knows what they're doing to kill it.

I seem to remeber reading an article way back in 2003 with said Polish troops found at least 50 mortar shells that had sarin gas inside, funny how that story was ignored because the number was so miniscule, even if it is probably enough gas to kill the entire population of a mid-sized town depending on the direction of the wind.

I was watching a bit of TV the other night when this was new news. I seem to remember someone saying they had found the 500 as well as more. The main point was the 500 were obviously lethal anyway you slice it or dice it.

On the topic of why they released it now. . . apparently they have had trouble getting very much of it declassified by whatever powers that be to be able to present it to the general public.

Again this is something I was watching on TV so my recall may be a bit blurred. But as a US Marine and POTUS supporter I do feel more than a bit vindicated.

Keep throwing that number of 500 around. That was one of the numbers tossed out there. I do recall more being found. Just don't remember what condition it/they were in.

How hard would it be or have been to revamp the weapons to make them useable launched from a scud? Better yet, how hard to bring it to the US via diplomatic pouch and release it in any large city?

Here is a scary scenario:

Gas released into a high rise apt building's ventilation system in the middle of the night. . . How many hundreds/thousands of people would die?

Release it into the middle of madison square garden during a large event. Any number of ways just a little would go a long way. And here we had an obvious threat to the US sitting there with access to it.

This plobrem is very difficult
Isn't 500 enough?
Then, how many poison gas shells should US find?
5,000?50,000?500,000?5000,000?
By the way, sarin and VX gas are very easy to produce.
Past Hussein hid and made NBC weapon.
Will he never make that from now on?
It's difficult to assert that it isn't made.
possibility that NBC-weapon passes to terrorists is still" high ".

ok, attack every country able to produce chemical weapons...sure. The point is one of power...and the US should be able to tell the people the truth...That is ole Keenan stuff...He was a critic of the US because they were unable to tell the people the truth.

Wmd's wmd's wmd's this is all old picken sht with the chickens!

Three Hundred Thousand bodys in mass graves is good enough for me, because when we captured Sadam we captured the wmd!

Now if your still interested in a hangin I'd like to hear the particulars!

OLD GOAT said:
Wmd's wmd's wmd's this is all old picken sht with the chickens!

Three Hundred Thousand bodys in mass graves is good enough for me, because when we captured Sadam we captured the wmd!

Now if your still interested in a hangin I'd like to hear the particulars!
Calm down,and talk gentlly.
The points of each side are
Negative:
Iraq war is for oil.
Affirmation:
Iraq war is anti-terror preventive war .

Back