WMD's found in Iraq - Page 4

--

June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

I have no idea why the information was witheld this long...It confuses me.
June 22nd, 2006  
mmarsh

I'll say it again, this story is Bull. I don't think this is even Karl Rove's handiwork as Rove tends to be much more clever in the bogus stories he plants. This one is was just plain sloppy. A 3 years old newssource? A couple of ancient arty shells from 30 years ago? Does they really think we dont know the difference between a viable weapons program and leftover unusable junk? This was amateur hour ain the GOP spin machine and it underscores how totally out of touch the Bush Administration is from reality.

The thing is the GOP might have gotten away with it had they not been caught in so many lies previously. The GOP biggest problem is not the Democrats, its the fact that with the exception of the Bush apologists, nobody believes a damn word they say anymore, not even from within their own party.
June 22nd, 2006  
Italian Guy

Mmarsh, didn't you say these same things before Bush got re-elected as well?
--
June 22nd, 2006  
mmarsh

No, I only joined this board 8 months ago.

And lets be honest Bush won because of a highly effective smear campaign. The same way he won against Al Gore, the same way he beat John McCain, the same way he beat Ann Richards.

The difference was in 2004, Bush enjoyed a popularity of 52% now its down to 35%. Even killing Zarquiwi didnt help him much. Guess who America blames for all our problems? ALL the polls say that the GOP will most certainly pay for its incompentance, the question is by how much. Which is the $64K question.
June 23rd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Wait...You're saying the mustard gas is unusable? Then do what Missileer said to do, go lick a tank of it. A European farmer was plowing fields, hit a WW2 mustard gas tank, and wiped out an entire village. Don't try to tell me that mustard gas has an expiration date.
June 23rd, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Wait...You're saying the mustard gas is unusable? Then do what Missileer said to do, go lick a tank of it. A European farmer was plowing fields, hit a WW2 mustard gas tank, and wiped out an entire village. Don't try to tell me that mustard gas has an expiration date.
You won't hear me say that ... what I will tell you is that the weapons were and are unusable by any weapons system that I have ever heard of. The degradation of the containers precludes them being utilized.

Can the chemicals be used in ANY way, I don't know and the disclosure documents didn't say. The bottom line however, is that these weapons were pre-1990 weapons and can no longer be utilized in a conventional delivery system. The number of weapons found (500) is such a small drop in the bucket of the total claimed by GW, that I ask the following: Where are the major stockpiles and where are the chemical programs that were supposed to exist prior to the invasion of Iraq??? Non-existent..............
June 23rd, 2006  
Chief Bones

I used the caps to make a valid observation ... every time that I have seen any comment that is pro-Bush, closer investigation shows that the commentary has absolutely little or no valid content. Otherwise - a big empty bag of air.
June 23rd, 2006  
Ollie Garchy

500 chemical weapons? Big deal. Dig a while in France and you will find hundreds more. Send some divers to the North Sea...crates of the stuff. I find it hard to imagine that the United States would attack a country because of 500 surplus chemical weapons. And, come on, sarin? Mustard gas? Unlike Sarin, that stuff does not even kill. Will the US now classify phosgene or chlorine as a chemical weapon? How about salt? It causes a burning sensation when exposed to skin...after a while...and if you rub the skin beforehand, that is. And DAMN! Them Arabs got lots of salt.

My Question: Was the Bush administration referring to Gulf I surplus or the facilities for producing more?
June 23rd, 2006  
Damien435

Sorry Henderson, I misread your message. Replace Henderson with mmarsh in the above post.
June 23rd, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
No, I only joined this board 8 months ago.
And I asked if you thought and said the same things before 2004, not if you told them here.

Chief Bones, so many times have I repeated how the WMD's (of which we have found less quantities but not "nothing whatsoever"=> the WMD's were not "non-existent") were only one of three main reasons Bush brought out to go into Iraq, and the other two were proved right.