Withdraw of Spanish troops in Iraq

JaegerWolf08 said:
Saddam ruled by terror, which is what the terrorists are trying to, and we are trying to help them.
Saddam did rule by terror, yes. But how is the US helping the people of Iraq without terror, by basically totally destroying their government system, having fire fights with rebellious groups, and raiding their towns looking for suspected terrorists? I mean, the US has wanted to ice Saddam for years now, and I doubt Bush sent his boys in to "bring democracy to Iraq." So Bush has pretty much brought terror to the people of Iraq as well, and sent Iraq into term oil for a loooong time. Hardly helping the people if you ask me. :?

How can you say that things were better under Saddam? People were being tortured and killed on a regular basis for trivial things. Such as losing a soccer game. The Iraqi Olympic committee building had a 30 cell torture chamber in the basement. How can you possibly say that things were better?
Well, if you haven't heard on the news, it seems that the US are being pretty nasty to the Iraqy POW's. In every scenario there's going to be torture and murder of prisoners and people. That's just how it goes. But why is it worse when Saddam does it, then when the US does it? :?

I am saying that the US gives gives and gives to everyone else, and what do we get in return. Complaints. They say that we are being to Imperial. In the end, the US will get screwed over.
Yep, the US gives and gives and gives alright. Like how they funded Bin Laden and his terrorist group and trained them to fight the Soviet Union. (Only to have it all backfire on them on 9/11) It seems they pretty much "help" out who ever they can, to get rid of their biggest threat. Or just find a reason to get involved in another countries war. I don't know if I'd really consider that helping the other countries. More so doing what's in the US's best interests.

Japanese tarriffs will not allow the sale of some US goods in Japan, but when the US wanted to put tarriffs up protecting American goods, the Japanese about blew an O-ring. I am refering the steel incident a few years ago. So, the message that the Japanese are sending is that the US Gov't is supposed to look after the Japanese people more than its own citizens.
Well, I mean the US limits what they can have in terms of military. I really don't think that's fair, because they're basically limiting their defense force. Both are pretty much doing things to each other I guess.

It is so Ironic that the Europeans are complaining about US Imperialism, when it was europe that started the whole idea anyway. Perhaps the Europeans are just a little more bitter now that THEIR empire is gone.
That's true, it probably is because their empires are gone. It will probably just turn around, and the US won't be the dominant power in the world, and then they'll complain when someone bigger comes. And the cycle will continue.

Now, for my thoughts on the matter of Spain. They made the choice to pull out, and it seems like there hasn't been any massive terrorist attacks there, so it seems to be working out ok. But we'll have to see. Meanwhile, here in Canada, it seems we've had no terrorist attacks, or at least none that I know of. I've gotta say I'm glad we stayed out of this whole war with Iraq. The US can handle things on its own, without the support of other countries. It's military is bigger and more powerful than the next top 10 armies combined. If it gets a bloody nose in the process, than that's just how things go.

-Regards

Panser 003 said:
So Bush has pretty much brought terror to the people of Iraq as well,

"Destroying the infrastructure?" "Brought terror?" Chief, the infrastructure was destroyed by Saddam loyalists, and we brought terror to Iraq like Marco Polo brought noodles to China. If you would care to elaborate your argument there, I would be more than happy to utterly demolish everything you you think you know :lol: .

it seems that the US are being pretty nasty to the Iraqy POW's. In every scenario there's going to be torture and murder of prisoners and people. That's just how it goes. But why is it worse when Saddam does it, then when the US does it? :?

I can't believe I'm reading this. So you are basically both defending Saddam's brutalization, rape, and terrorization of his country and at the same time pretending that HUMILIATION (while still unacceptable, AND IT IS CURRENTLY BEING PROSECUTED AND INVESTIGATED, not something you would see under Saddam) is the same as being physically tortured to the point of death, having a bullet put through the back of your head, or having your daughter/sister/wife raped and nothing done about it. You are seriously confused, young man.

to get rid of their biggest threat. ....... More so doing what's in the US's best interests.

Just like any other country in the world. We HAVE made mistakes, just like every other nation on the face of the earth, but the enormous amounts of funds and manpower and resources we GIVE to foreign nations that have little or no political or economic value to ourselves (such as Rwanda and other resource-poor nations) cannot be rationally belittled. If you would like to actually educate yourself on this issue, check out the following link:
http://www.usaid.gov/about_usaid/

That all being said, either stay on topic or create another topic of your own, and we can continue this there.

The event surrounding the "POWs" is an ISOLATED event that outrages those of us IN the US Army more than you could possibly know.

The US funded the Mujahadeen when they were fighting off a Soviet invasion of their country. That was before they became a terrorist organization and started flying planes into buildings. Besides that, it was during the Cold War when the US had a completely different mindset than it currently does. We were trying to stop the spread of communism. Looks like we won that one.

Yes we limit the size of the Japanese military so that it cannot become an OFFENSIVE force. But in the event of a war, the U.S. Will help defend Japan. I think it might be a good idea seeing how there are several US Military installations in Japan.

You think that Canada is going to be safe forever? Not a chance in hell. Sorry, the US Military is MUCH smaller than oh say, the chinese(who currently have the biggest). When the US ousted Saddam from Kuwait back in '91 he had the 4th largest Army in the world.

If you want to start the name-calling though, I will leave you with this, Canada, while a great country(yes I have been there), is known for harboring cowards and deserters. Flashback to vietnam, where did many of the draft dodgers go? Where did a soldier from the 82d AB go to avoid a deployment to Iraq? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't mexico.

When you can actually substanciate any of your claims, come and talk. But until then, keep Celene Dion, and bad baseball on your side of the border. Especially Celene.

-Reguards

P.S. In order to reply, it would be necessary to remove your foot from your mouth, and to get your head out of your fourth point of contact.[/quote]

When you can actually substanciate any of your claims, come and talk. But until then, keep Celene Dion, and bad baseball on your side of the border. Especially Celene.

:lol:

Canada is also a terrorist haven, like it or not, many flock there just as they come into South America. Why would they attack one of the few places they have open that affords them the opportunity to assimilate and plan?

Back