Withdraw of Spanish troops in Iraq - Page 6

--
Boots

April 29th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux
Why that? Did the US in your absolutely make no faults during the iraq campaign, that could be criticized?
Of course are we talking about governments, i dont want to attack any indiviual here...
Why what? If I criticise you, then I am to blame for the criticism I just made against you. Right? It's called personal accountability.

Since criticisms are opinions, any country that throws them out has to take responsibility for said opinions. It doesn't mean the US did or didn't do anything "wrong" (which is also subjective) it simply means the country criticising felt the US did. Therefore, that country is responsible for it's criticisms. You see?
April 29th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Good try, Alex, but they didn't have that many troops there.
Does that really matter what the number of soldiers is? No, one soldier makes a difference. The ball has landed in your garden, better pick it up
April 29th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
and you're so much right Colonel RnderSafe: there's always gonna be whining and complaining about the US, whatsoever it does. It goes there and send troops? oh that's imperialistic, every nations has its own peculiar path to democracy. It stays home and ignores something? Oh see how selfish the US is. There's no way out. There's a saying here: " the idiots' mother's always pregnant ".

Hear, hear! I don't want to take the path of somebody with a persecution complex, but it does seem that this is the reality of the situation. Even in this topic it can be seen ("why did you go to Iraq? that was wrong" "because we had to morally, as well as defending our interests" "well then, why don't you go to the rest of the world" "if we did, we'd be sitting hear talking about U.S. imperialism in Africa, too").

And AlexKall, better start making some real arguments, these one liners are only making it about halfway to the garden wall, better work on them biceps .
--
Boots
April 29th, 2004  
Pollux

hmmm.....
ok RnderSafe youre right...somehow..
April 29th, 2004  
panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Sorry to inform those of you that don't know, but no nation is altruistic, and any one that would be wouldn't be a nation for very long. The interests of the US come first and foremost to her, and it should to her people.

Finally the truth! American interests come before anyone elses in the world.
April 29th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
and you're so much right Colonel RnderSafe: there's always gonna be whining and complaining about the US, whatsoever it does. It goes there and send troops? oh that's imperialistic, every nations has its own peculiar path to democracy. It stays home and ignores something? Oh see how selfish the US is. There's no way out. There's a saying here: " the idiots' mother's always pregnant ".

Hear, hear! I don't want to take the path of somebody with a persecution complex, but it does seem that this is the reality of the situation. Even in this topic it can be seen ("why did you go to Iraq? that was wrong" "because we had to morally, as well as defending our interests" "well then, why don't you go to the rest of the world" "if we did, we'd be sitting hear talking about U.S. imperialism in Africa, too").

And AlexKall, better start making some real arguments, these one liners are only making it about halfway to the garden wall, better work on them biceps .
I dont even know why im keep pushing this forward i have allready made the point that this was a political choise Excuse me

Know what i read in the news paper? The war has been blamed on the Swedes Bush supposivly had a grunge against blix and took it out over Sweden (some how)
April 29th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer
Finally the truth! American interests come before anyone elses in the world.
Any nation's interests should be the first concern of that nation's government. We, thankfully, have been able to not only serve our own interests, but at the same time liberate two nations from despotic governments.
April 29th, 2004  
Redleg

I think we are about to slide a bit off-topic here..

I think I can recal that the title of this topic was
"Withdraw of Spanish troops in Iraq", let's try to stay on that track from now on, but you are free to start a new topic about the matter you are discussing now.

You are free to mean almost whatever you want, but no country bashing!
April 29th, 2004  
Jtf2

Topic: well

I agree that saddam was...well is a but i just hope the american troops will stay till its 100% stable ( 1-2-3 more years) and not leave to other countrys to clean up the mess...

Like right now in "faloudja" (im lazy to go check its spelling) i hope that the marines will take over because there loosing alot of lives...but i hope these... "rebelles" wont pop up again once the US decides to leave...
April 30th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Does that really matter what the number of soldiers is? No, one soldier makes a difference. The ball has landed in your garden, better pick it up
Yes, it matters unless somehow they were being invaded, 1300 isn't going to make or break them. Now, it's a good excuse .. and looks good and logical, but it isn't very practical - and it's the obvious tactic to use "out" of the debate.

Quote:
I dont even know why im keep pushing this forward i have allready made the point that this was a political choise
Well now, I thought it was a strategic choice? Make up your mind, lad!

As I said, I've got no problems with them pulling their troops out of Iraq, they could have pulled them because they decided they wanted to send them on a Disney World trip and I wouldn't have cared. I appreciated what they did, and that's that. My problem is with a government bowing to down to terrorists out of fear and to achieve political gain.