I wish to hear some educated comments on this article... - Page 2

--
Boots

December 24th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Its amusing that anyone would claim that Israel could "force" the United States to do anything. They are a valuable ally, but they are in no position to demand that the USA do their bidding. Isn't a problem for either country since US and Israeli goals almost always coincide.
December 24th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Usually they point to America's influential Jewish population that "acts on the behalf" of the Israelis.
December 24th, 2004  
Missileer

Madness masquerading as meaningful discourse. I don't think I have ever read quite so many adjectives in one tome. Besides being overly verbose, full of Middle Eastern phraseology, this is probably one of the most hate filled articles I've ever almost read. Adolph Hitler lives.

I expected more intelligence from forum members. I would almost think of this as an attempt at humor if it made any sense at all. I think I read that one of our members is a therapist or counselor. Seek one stat.
--
Boots
December 25th, 2004  
Charge 7

Guaripa,

"No democracy has lasted 200 years"?

How can you have a US flag on you and not know that the US has been in existence for 228 years now?
December 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The article
Based on received intelligence, it seems likely that the Island of Cuba will soon be used as 'point man' in a grand plan to deny American warships and other vessels safe transit through the Gulf of Mexico. Quite apart from thoroughly humiliating New York and Washington, such a move will have a far more devastating effect if tankers are denied access to the southern American oil terminals. Without oil imported through its critical southern oil terminals, and also possibly facing denial of access to underwater oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico, America will collapse in less than six months.
The USA would be very happy if Cuba tried something so blantant because we could then be rid of Castro in short order, and his demise would be of his own making. The interesting contradiction here is that the Continental USA + Alaska contains plenty of oil. The USA has all the logistics and oil pumps/refineries already in place to pump our own oil -- its just cheaper to import foreign oil. Also, if some combination of miracles could deny the USA access to the entry into the Gulf of Mexico, it's quite easy to ship imported oil overland via trains and trucks -- bearing in mind that we don't absolutley need to import foreign oil. The best that could be hoped for would be a rise in the price of gasoline.

The Bullcrap dogmatic rhetoric is difficult to filter through because "Great Satan" and other niceties are interchangably used to refer to both Israel and the USA.

Quote:
During the last thirty years alone, America's Zionist controllers have ordered the calculated murder of more than six million innocents around the world, and the world is not prepared to tolerate another six million innocents being murdered by Zion during the next thirty years.
Wow, 6 million. I have to wonder where they came up with such a number?

The article manages to refer to a factual proposal. Putin wishes to create a "superalliance" with Russia, China and India as its core members. Yet it takes that proposal and completely unwrites and rewrites the facts about it. It also conveniently leaves out the fact that China and India are definitely not going to accept playing at being second best to Russia in an alliance. Brazil is pure fiction, though I don't doubt that Putin would like to strengthen Russian influence in Latin America. He just lacks the ability to give Brazil and the rest a reason to play. They stand to gain nothing and lose everything, after all, and Russia can't hope to make any such proposal worthwhile to them.

The USA isn't interested in the conquest of all of N America. If we were, we'd have done it long, long ago. There there isn't much stopping us from doing it and that's been true ... probably since 1920. Both Canada and Mexico must certainly realize this. The USA hasn't invaded them in the past 100 years because we've no desire to and (shocking as it might seem to Iranians) we are not an Imperialist nation. If we were ... well Latin America would have been over-run long ago, as I already said.

The misinformation about the cababilities of American aircraft is puzzling. What's the point in underestimating an enemy?? Over-estimating is always the wisest course.

In this article, spinning out some fairytale about the USA being on the brink of destruction seems to be the true goal of the article. I assume this is intended to keep "hope alive" for those who support Muslim fundamentalist groups. Its very hard to read because the author is blantantly lying about many things, and I'd almost be willing to guarantee that they know it full well.
December 25th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Bam! Bish! Kapow! Meeeooowww!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Guaripa,

How can you have a US flag on you and not know that the US has been in existence for 228 years now?
December 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I'd like to sort out what motivates the publication of so much blatantly false information?? I can't think of a good reason for any of it.
December 25th, 2004  
It's all a game

I don't know what to make of it. I probably won't spend more time trying to figure it out. It's all a game anyway.

I do believe that anything imaginable is possible, even not from the point of view that reality is literally made by each of us and for each of us. On the other hand, I tend not to over-estimate politicians' wisdom in thinking that they actually often have such long-term, and deeply concealed plans. After all, they are just people like you and me, not necessarilly even a tad brighter or more righteous than us. ...It's their luck when I occasionally drop the habit of despising them. Hehe...

I try to keep an open mind and not to limit myself by thinking: "I've got it all figured out and this is what I'm gonna stick to for dear life..." And I try to refrain from making statements of this sort: "It's obviously fales..." without laying out evidence or proof. By "educated", I meant more or less to adopt the scientific method of inquiry and to keep an open mind to unfamiliar things. For example, I often listen to Hannity and Liddy shows even though I don't often find myself agreeing to them. It's beneficial to know that there are different realities to different people and different people hold different truths that are just as good as yours to you.

Ignorance is less a terrible thing than when it is not realized. Then again, ignorance to one person might be wisdom to the other. We probably just shouldn't be too serious with this game that we call life. Hehe...
December 25th, 2004  
Guaripa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Guaripa,

Ehr !

You are confusing 1776 Independance, with actual Funtional (Direct)Demeocratic system that came years later.

IE

Bill of Rights
Equal Treatment !,
etc !

As a note it was not until early 1900 that case law shows Direct Democracy in the US, The first United States Supreme Court ruling in favor of the citizen lawmaking was in Pacific States Telephone and Telegraph Company v. Oregon, 223 U.S. 118 -- in 1912
December 25th, 2004  
Charge 7

Opinions are like a**holes - everybody's got one as the saying goes. You're entitled to your's but I seriously doubt you have much of a following.