Winter Olympics

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Might as well start a thread on the Olympics.... who's watching? what are you watching? predictions?

Good to see the Great One light the flame last night.

I'll probably watch a bit of it here and there, but if anything, it'll be Men's Hockey.

Russia's really stacked this year, so I'm going to say Russia v Canada for the gold.

I really enjoyed the opening ceremony, watched it really early 0430 in the morning here in Europe (yes, I do get up early :) ). Impressive, not only from the coreograaaphic POV, but also from the technical one, most of the time I had no clue how they managed to raise structures and let them vanish in an instant. Good show (if a bit long).

Rattler

I'll probably watch a few events, but I really don't have a good feeling for us/Norway this year..

The Nordic Combined yesterday was a disaster due to very unstable wind conditions in the Ski Jump.
Moan from Norway had to start +2min late in the 10km and ended up as #9, 35secs behind the winner.
He could have easily won if they had allowed him to jump again :?
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympi...dividual-nh-10-km-cc---10-km_ncm070b01kH.html

I was sorry to hear about the tragic death of the the Gerogian Luge racer, but I wish everyone a enjoyable games.

That was a very tragic thing to happen. Its really kind of put a damper on the whole games.

I'm not a big figure skating fan, but I did watch some of the pairs last night, and wasn't at ALL surprised and the scoring. The Russians are expected to win even if they fall. :roll: I would really like to see that Chinese couple win tonight. Shen and Zhau. After four Olympics and 18 years of skaing together, I think they deserve it. :)

Last edited:
Crappy day again... :(

The Silver in Men's Downhill was ok, but should have been a Gold medal.. :p
Bronze in Ladies' 10 km Free was ok as well, but she really is better then that.
But the men's 15 km Free just now was a complete disaster... Should't be possiblet to be this bad in that event.. :( :( :(
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympi...-and-results/mens-15-km-free_ccm015101zp.html

Well Redleg, there is always the silver lining, Norways hosting the World Winter Games arent they? I saw them building the new SKI area when I was visiting Oslo in November.

My Norweigan Colluegues made a point of showing it to me.

I'm so excited to see Shen and Zhau finally get their gold medal in Olympic pairs skating!!! That was all I really watched tonight since the Westminster Dog Show was on. Puppies are WAY more important. :D

Last edited:
Watching all night. Enjoying those fantastic skills, but watching without any developed expertise of my own.

Looking forward to the soccer on ice.

KD Lang's "Hallelujah" was fabulous.

Last edited:
I can't help but be excited for the curling. It's one of those "sports" that you don't really find interesting but you can't stop watching it once it's on.

Surprised Austria's not doing better. Those guys are born with skis stuck to their feet.
Ohno came 2nd in the 1500m short track. The South Koreans are happy.

Last edited:
Back