Winter Olympics

Congratulations Canada! :smil:

All in all it went pretty good for us, despite the lousy first 2-3 days.. :p
Top 4 in total medal count, but we got 3 Norwegians in the top 6 spots for individual medals, with Marit Bjorgen as #1 with 3 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze.
And that's not too bad of a nation that has the population of a medium sized American city.. ;)
http://winterolympics.external.bbc.co.uk/medals/2010-standings/athletes/index.html

Very good arrangement by the Canadians as well, even if there were a few technical glitches, like in the medal ceremony for the 50km yesterday..
Looks like the producer tried to give the gold medal to Sweden and switched the names of Olsson (SWE) and Northug (NOR).. :lol:

86-d522aa6f-0291082f.jpeg

I watched the 50K. What a race. after all of that racing to win by just .3 seconds. I could have been Norway 1 - 2 if that one racer hadn't fallen on the last turn. Great race. I think the American broke the top 30. woohoo

From my POV (not discarding any credit at the sportsmen/women) the worst winter games ever. I have a lot to say to attribute to that (and will when challenged), but first I would like to know how everybody else judges them and just post my opinion w/o argumental backup.

Rattler

From my POV (not discarding any credit at the sportsmen/women) the worst winter games ever. I have a lot to say to attribute to that (and will when challenged), but first I would like to know how everybody else judges them and just post my opinion w/o argumental backup.

Rattler

The ski jumping in the Nordic comes to mind. The wind conditions changed and a host of favorites got potato sacked.

Back