Winter Olympics

We weren't just going to let the US walk away with the gold. We're coming back hungry.

Canada being the favorites from the beginning suggests the US was not going to walk away with it.:-D

The US, shocking Canada to finish on top of Group A not with standing. At best the US has been the underdog all along.
Remember Canada took the Gold from the US on the US homecourt in Salt Lake.

US beating Canada might be considered another "Miracle on Ice".

Go! USA, beat those Canadian bullies!:)

Canada being the favorites from the beginning suggests the US was not going to walk away with it.:-D

The US, shocking Canada to finish on top of Group A not with standing. At best the US has been the underdog all along.
Remember Canada took the Gold from the US on the US homecourt in Salt Lake.

US beating Canada might be considered another "Miracle on Ice".

Go! USA, beat those Canadian bullies!:)

Same here! Go USA!

The NBC coverage of the olympics is a total cluster fvck. Seriously, if they cannot get all the events, you think they would split the events up by giving different channel different events or something but no. They get a monopoly and make it look like some kind disaster mashup a 5 year old made before uploading it on youtube.

YEAH I AM TRYING TO WATCH FIGURE SKATING.

I agree, 13th. The coverage has been ridiculous.

But did I mention how amazingKim Yu-Na is!?!?!?! Holy wow!!!!! And I have to say, I'm very proud of little Joannie Rochette skating with so much emotion and heart after losing her mother four days ago. And a bronze for her efforts! Great job!

Last edited:
How about the that medal count? We are running away with medals that we should have never gotten and fell short in events that we should have taken... kind of a weird olypmics if you ask me.

I agree, 13th. The coverage has been ridiculous.

But did I mention how amazingKim Yu-Na is!?!?!?! Holy wow!!!!! And I have to say, I'm very proud of little Joannie Rochette skating with so much emotion and heart after losing her mother four days ago. And a bronze for her efforts! Great job!

If Kim Yu-na retired today, I would not blame her. The sort of pressure... if you know what Korea is like you would know. That is no ordinary pressure. ESPECIALLY since it was a Korea vs Japan thing. If you lose in one of those confrontations, you will be crucified.
Absolutely amazing.
The story of her coach is also quite unique as well. Actually the whole thing sounds like a story worthy of a pretty damn awesome movie.
4 days ago? What happened? Under the circumstances her performance was exceptional.

If Kim Yu-na retired today, I would not blame her. The sort of pressure... if you know what Korea is like you would know. That is no ordinary pressure. ESPECIALLY since it was a Korea vs Japan thing. If you lose in one of those confrontations, you will be crucified.
Absolutely amazing.
The story of her coach is also quite unique as well. Actually the whole thing sounds like a story worthy of a pretty damn awesome movie.
4 days ago? What happened? Under the circumstances her performance was exceptional.

If I was her, I think I would retire! I read somewhere that she has said that if she lost the gold, especially to Japan, that she felt everyone would turn their back on her, most especially Korea. I can't even imagine that kind of pressure. And she's only 19!! But she handled it beautifully and courageously, and with amazing grace and poise for such a young lady! I am very impressed by her. Brian Orser not so much.....I remember him as a complete whiner, but he could've changed a lot since the Battle of the Brian's. :)

Rochette's mother died of a heart attack. So, so sad. She, too, skated with a lot of courage, poise, and grace under the circumstances.

Canada wins Mens Curling!

Good game, Norway. Good game.

Silver is very very good for us since Curling isn't very popular here.
We don't have any professional teams, and I don't think we have more then 8-10 Curling halls in total here in Norway.. :lol:

But must admit that I'm not too happy with the silver in the womens 30km yesterday. Should have been gold there, only 50cm difference between them... :crybaby:
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympi...alczyk-claims-womens-30-km-gold_295994Fq.html

But Northug should have a pretty good chance for gold in todays 50km for men...
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympi...ns-50-km--mass-start-classic_ccm750101Ij.html

Oh well, Canada wins the Gold in Overtime in Hockey. Both teams made it a Gold Medal worth winning.

Congratulations! I hope your Northern lights burnout!:thumb:

Back