WINNER OF WW2 - Page 5

--

October 30th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

if you guys want to discuss the profiteers of the war then i made a thread on that too
October 30th, 2004  
redcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
Yes I know they got thier Independance, But they realy didn't receieve it until the beat the British agian and showed they could last.
Shame that thay didn't actually beat the British in the War of 1812 then.
might I suggest you read up some more on the causes of the War of 1812, and the end result !
October 30th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
Yes I know they got thier Independance, But they realy didn't receieve it until the beat the British agian and showed they could last.
Shame that thay didn't actually beat the British in the War of 1812 then.
might I suggest you read up some more on the causes of the War of 1812, and the end result !

you are right, but the fact that the small nation of america once again kicked britain out is looked upon as the victory. No one won the war it was not even a tie
--
October 30th, 2004  
Shadowalker

america didnt kick britain out as america declared war first, and america invaded canada. The british werent originally in america anymore, the canadians defended there lands and drove the american armies back. But america did gain respect, stopped the impressment of its soldiers by the british navy and won the battle of new orleans, but the white house was burned down and they didnt get the land they wanted.
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

October 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

You want to discuss the War of 1812? There is a topic for that, go discuss it there. Goofy people.
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

thank you, someone said it
October 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Drilldownmaster, the underlying problem I'm seeing here is the phase, "Who won the war?" when what you really seem to be getting at is, in effect "What nation was the Most Valuable Player of the Allies in WW2?" I say that's the USSR on the European side and the USA on the Japanese side. Since Germany was so much more dangerous than Japan, that makes the USSR probably the overall MVP. Runner up would be the USA, then the UK.
October 31st, 2004  
Darcia

That is true but people always seem to take away the D-Day factor if it wasn't for D-Day Hitler could have moved on into Russia. Though Russia did have more troops in Europe American forces let Russia get to Berlin first. UK and USA forces could have beat them thier but they chose not too.
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

D-Day was planned because roosevelt and churchill both knew they could not let stalin get to france