Windtalkers

Norwegian Viking

Saw the movie last night

What do you guys think of this movie?
I think it's alright.... It just, becomes to much "hollywood" If I may use that word.
And I REALLY hate that Nicholas Cage is in a war movie. He ruins it for me.
He's a great actor, but not cut out for those kinda movies.....

I will suggest it for WW2 movie lovers tough. I mean, I enjoyed it.

Short resume.... It's about Navaho indians and how they were used as code talkers during WW2. "Cage"'es role is to watch after a code talker and.....he must protect the CODE, with any means necessary....

It's fairly decent and I'm glad there's a movie that told the story of Wind Talkers.
Now we have two modern movies with Native Americans in World War II. But there's still no movie about that all Japanese US Army unit which fought in Italy. They were the most decorated unit in the US Army during World War II, yet there's very few books and no movie.
Strange.

I didn't like it. Sorry, but this movie is not about Navajo code talkers.

I bought the DVD expecting it to be a movie about Navajo code talkers and it was actually about Nicolas Cage wasting hordes of Japanese with his Thompson and its bottomless magazine (and the occasional mention of Navajo code talkers.)

Even the DVD box has Cage (alone) under the title "Windtalkers."

The above might not have been so bad if the action and dialog didn't play out like some B-movie Van Dam shoot-em up kind of flick.

John Woo should never have touched this movie.

Too much Hollywood. Fire bubbles instead of explosions, yelling Japanese, attacking yankies from jungles with katanas, a lot of everything (soldiers, aircraft, ships, tanks) on battlefield overcrowding it... Idea was great - to reveal Navajo language as secret code during the WW2 in Pacific, but result was just another action movie...

I would like it re done with more about eh indians in a lot more campaigns.
Hated the soppy storyline and detested the fire ball explosions.
Shell or Mobil should move in and mine the place for all that fuel that was exploding everywhere.
I admit some of the visuals were well done, including the strafing aircraft scene.

Back