Windtalkers.

:Brad:

What did you guys really think about Windtalkers I thought it was a load of rubsih because you hardley saw them reload rofl and the squad leader had the thompson right and he had at least 70 rounds in his magazine rofl.....

They might as well renamed the movie The Windtalker's bodyguards for all you saw of them. It was mildly better than Pearl Harbor I guess though.

It is a fair movie but I only watch it for the artillery barrage scenes - that really shake solid ground. The movie tells the story behind very well but that does not make me keep the movie in the shelf for further watching.

3 points out of 6 points in total, in my opinion.

Well your right ;) I thought you would of seen the Amtracs seriously because its set during the Pacific theatre and thats when they had the Amtracs grrrrrr.

Windtalkers does have some historical accuracy. The bit about the Navajos making up words for different military things is true. In the Navajo language, they didn't have words for bomb, submarine, colonel, and things of that nature. So they used words they already had to replace them. For example, a fighter plane was called a DA-HE-TIH-HI, or humming bird.

Yes, it is true that Navajos did have a white man to protect them - against both the Japanese and Americans. The Americans would confuse the Navajo for Japanese and fire on them. Some were even taken prisoner by the Americans and interrogated.

One such occurrence happened on Guadalcanal to William McCabe when he was trying to get something to eat. "I got lost among the big chow dump," he recalled, "All of a sudden I heard somebody say, 'Halt,' and I kept walking. 'Hey, you! Halt, or I’m gonna shoot!' There was a big rifle all cocked and ready to shoot. I’m just from my outfit, I was coming here to get something to eat. And he said, 'I think you’re a Jap. Just come with me.'"

To this date, the Marines deny that any orders were given to kill a Code Talker if he was to be captured.

Mate pls dont get me wrong I seriously know that they did have native people, its just some of the action scenes that I had problems with but that was totaly interesting what you wrote there. ;)

The Wind Talkers were a great group of soldiers. I have never seen the movie though. I know a little bit of the code translated into english.

Mortar = Sitting Gun
Dive Bomber = Chicken Hawk

The Navajo had no words for military weapons so they had to make names. It's all pretty cool to me.

Back