Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 24th, 2004  
Marksman

Well wyllis is more like me,but humvee satisfies todays needings
June 24th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

If the humvees in Black Hawk Down were really that strong, I would've voted for it. Those humvees got shot up freakin bad. The "skinnies" were hangin over the rooftops unloading on them, is that true or hollywood?
June 25th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Hollywood
--
Boots
June 25th, 2004  
11bravo8387

I have driven both and I prefer the Humvee over the Jeep for the simple fact that the wheel base on the Jeep makes it easier to flip. When I was on active duty we had a memorial ceremony for a soldier that was killed in a roll over in a Jeep. Because he was going a little too fast for the shorter wheel base.
June 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

A question, whats up with your avatar?
June 26th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Whose avatar?
June 26th, 2004  
Marksman

I like on humvee that its water cooled,but i dont like that automatic transmision,it can get nasty on offroad
June 30th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

What do you mean "water cooled" because the jeep has a radiator too. But it doesnt have a snorkel, so it can go through high water.
July 1st, 2004  
Marksman

Its better way to cool down the engine than with a simple propeler,VW beatle haves it and its very good system,i like on wyllis that manual transmission.
July 2nd, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I love the manual transmission on the Willys too. Back in the day everybody could drive a standard, now all you see is automatics. And it's a lot more complex than a propeller. Theres the radiator, waterpump, fan, fan clutch, and lots of hoses. I need to look up this "water cooled" system. Becuz all cars are cooled with water, or antifreeze/coolant.