--
Willys Jeep, or Humvee?

June 24th, 2004  
Marksman

Willys Jeep, or Humvee?
Well wyllis is more like me,but humvee satisfies todays needings
June 24th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

If the humvees in Black Hawk Down were really that strong, I would've voted for it. Those humvees got shot up freakin bad. The "skinnies" were hangin over the rooftops unloading on them, is that true or hollywood?
June 25th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Hollywood
--
Willys Jeep, or Humvee?
June 25th, 2004  
11bravo8387

I have driven both and I prefer the Humvee over the Jeep for the simple fact that the wheel base on the Jeep makes it easier to flip. When I was on active duty we had a memorial ceremony for a soldier that was killed in a roll over in a Jeep. Because he was going a little too fast for the shorter wheel base.
June 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

A question, whats up with your avatar?
June 26th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Whose avatar?
June 26th, 2004  
Marksman

I like on humvee that its water cooled,but i dont like that automatic transmision,it can get nasty on offroad
June 30th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

What do you mean "water cooled" because the jeep has a radiator too. But it doesnt have a snorkel, so it can go through high water.
July 1st, 2004  
Marksman

Its better way to cool down the engine than with a simple propeler,VW beatle haves it and its very good system,i like on wyllis that manual transmission.
July 2nd, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I love the manual transmission on the Willys too. Back in the day everybody could drive a standard, now all you see is automatics. And it's a lot more complex than a propeller. Theres the radiator, waterpump, fan, fan clutch, and lots of hoses. I need to look up this "water cooled" system. Becuz all cars are cooled with water, or antifreeze/coolant.