Who will win in 2008?

SNowblind

Democrats or Republicans?

I personally think the republicans will win, if Mcain gets nominated anyway

dont trust hillary clinton......

Its waaay to early to tell, so I'll do a possible scenario...

First of all it depends how the next 2 years go, (the 2006 election have a baring on that). Assuming the country continues down the same path (corruption, incompetance, and the utter neglect of the plight of the American citizen) that we are in now it will be very difficult for any Republican to win anything. And lets face it no president in US History has turned around a slide as deep as the one Dubya is in now. As the elections last year in Governotorial race in Virginia showed, Dubya is a liability to his own party, and thats a big problem for any Republican running for office. The point to all this is that any GOP candidate associated to Bush will likely get hammered (guilt by association). Frankly I think the GOP erred with nominating Bush in 2000. 9/11 and Iraq bought the GOP time to push its controversial programs but Bush really is too far rightwing for mainstream America (espically on the Domestic front), thats why most Americans want a change of political direction.

Therefore the best thing in my opinion for the GOP to do is to shop for liberate-moderate GOP such as Mitt Romney, the New Yorkers Guiliani, Bloomburg, or Pataki, or Chuck Hagel of Nebraska. Trying to bring on another uber-conservative (or member in the Bush dynasty) is a gaurenteed way to lose.

McCain can't win. Despite his personal integrity he's too old, he's not 'conservative' enough for the hardcore rightwing and he's too conservative for the independants and Liberals. Furthermore he's angered alot people in the middle by his cozing up to Bush, he needs the swing voters more then he needs the fanatics. His reputation for integrity has taken a real beating over the past few months.

As for the Dems, the Dems major problem is they have no leader. If they did, the GOP would be dead. The only hope the GOP has, is that the Dems remain leaderless. Its not a certain thing Hillary will be the nominee, Gore as reemerged from the political wilderness and there are others like Mark Warner and even Kerry. Again this all depends where we are in 2008, but if we are where I suspect we will be (lame duck or close to it) I think there will be a powerful feeling of desire to return to the better times of the 1990's, which of course means H.Clinton (or Gore).

I have no love for McCain or Hitlery.

HILLARY'S FIRST NIGHT AS PRESIDENT
in January 2009

Hillary Clinton gets elected President and is spending her
first night in the White House. She has waited so long..........
The ghost of George Washington appears, and Hillary says,
"How can I best serve my country?"

"Washington says, "Never tell a lie."
"Ouch!" Says Hillary, "I don't know about that."

The next night, the ghost of Thomas Jefferson appears....
Hillary says, "How can I best serve my country?"
Jefferson says,

"Listen to the people."
"Ohhh! I really don't want to do that."

On the third night, the ghost of Abe Lincoln appears...
Hillary says, "How can I best serve my country?"
Lincoln says,

"Go to the theater."

gores been saying he wont run under any circumstance:???:

i personally would vote mcain, he seems like a good guy with a decent agenda, more than can be said for bush

congress is even worse than bush, problem is the republicans have been in power too long, corruption seems to be going up:(

but what to do.....im republican, not some democrat.......
ill vote for a democrat who has integrity, a clear agenda, a plan for america that i agree with, that kind of stuff

this must be said: who is going to vote for hillary-little lady who will always be remembered as the "other clinton"

I think the Republicans will take all three Houses, White House, House Of Representatives, and House of bankers and lawyers (Senate), but I think all will be squeakers.

I don't know where McCain stands on any issue that he would never vascillate in. I just think he's too wishy-washy.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone from the america first or the american party wins, but obscure parties like those never win. Hell, I heard somewhere that one time the 3rd closest person to win in an Election was a right-in, by the name of Mickey Mouse.

Not sure who is going to run.. Not sure it will be worth it trying to predict. It will be interesting though.

I hope that someone from the US Constitutional Party wins. More and more I have been leaning towards that party and thinking of leaving the Republican Party. I guess I'm just too [SIZE=-1]conservative and the simple fact that the Republican Party is starting to change it's ways since the days of Ronald Reagan.
[/SIZE]

It is too early to decision who are going to win for 2008? John McCain, Hillary Clinton (don't vote for Hillary Clinton or you die)....who else that want to run for President of United States of America?

I can 100% guarantee who will win...

an organised coalition of lying manipulative spineless self-centered amoral unethical wealthy corporate pawns and their front man.

Anyone feel like betting against me??
:)

I dont know much about partys that aren't democrat or republican.
Are they any good? Agenda's, funding, name-recognition, etc.....

SNowblind said:
I dont know much about partys that aren't democrat or republican.
Are they any good? Agenda's, funding, name-recognition, etc.....

(insert any political party name here) is an organised coalition of lying manipulative spineless self-centered amoral unethical wealthy corporate pawns and their front man.

Hence the reason why I might become a member of the US Constitutional Party.

My beliefs are tied to a party. And I've always told people this. The Republican Party still values most of my beliefs but they are slipping away a little bit more everyday.

I think that the US Constitutional Party will win an election vfery soon. America is getting tired of the two party system.

bulldogg said:
I can 100% guarantee who will win...

an organised coalition of lying manipulative spineless self-centered amoral unethical wealthy corporate pawns and their front man.

Anyone feel like betting against me??
:)
Right, but within that catagory, I'm betting that either the Democrats or Republicans win the vast majority of the elections between the two.

The more I think about it the more that I get the terrifying premonition that Hillary will run and win. I know that the signs in the universe are not aligned correctly for this to occur. I know that she has plenty of things that would sabotage any attempt to run on her part. But I dunno, its just that feeling. Same feeling that tells me without a doubt that Elvis is still alive. Kinda creepy.
:hide:

I think neither party really wants to win.... The democrats probably dont want to clean up after Bush (economy, int.politics) And the republicans want them to do it so they can go on another spending spree in 2012... :cowb:

square-large-redefeat.gif

England has a good chance but I dont know how great Brazil or Germany can be this time. They havent done great yet

Back