Who will win in 2008? - Page 6

--
Boots

June 28th, 2006  
moving0target

Most of your examples, mmarsh, are purely opinion and supposition. You take an event and tack on your own reasoning as to "why Bush done it." Gimme a break. It's all part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy isn't it? And how, exactly, do you expect Bush to control his "supports" like they're little marionettes? Half your examples site Bush "allowing" people to do something you dislike. You slam Bush as being "autocratic" but then want him to have absolute control over his followers? Make up your mind.

By the way, I doubt Bush would give a rat's hindquarters what the French did if they weren't implicated in all manner of underhanded dealings with Iraq. If France supported the Hussein regime, then they endangered US lives.
June 28th, 2006  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Kinky for Governor anyone?
I'll vote for him.
June 28th, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving0target
Most of your examples, mmarsh, are purely opinion and supposition. You take an event and tack on your own reasoning as to "why Bush done it." Gimme a break. It's all part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy isn't it? And how, exactly, do you expect Bush to control his "supports" like they're little marionettes? Half your examples site Bush "allowing" people to do something you dislike. You slam Bush as being "autocratic" but then want him to have absolute control over his followers? Make up your mind.

By the way, I doubt Bush would give a rat's hindquarters what the French did if they weren't implicated in all manner of underhanded dealings with Iraq. If France supported the Hussein regime, then they endangered US lives.
My friend, you are slightly living in denial. This is not my opinion, these episodes are all very well documentmented. You can do the research yourself you dont want to take my word for it. And lets not pretend Bush is oblivious to what his supporters do, there is a specific person who handles the minions, his name is Karl Rove. That too is well known. As I said before there are Republicans, even conservative Republicans who acknowledge that Bush is vindictive.

As for oil for food. Your timeline is wrong. That scandal came to light several months after the Iraq invasion. The current French Government was never accused with dealing with Saddam, only a certain disgraced ex-minister from a previous left-wing administration and a certain number of French companies. The U.S never brought charges against Pasqua or Galloway (who is another example of someone being punished for speaking ill of Dubya) so it goes to show you how weak the allegations were. On top of that, certain US companies were implicated as well, there are 3 people awaiting trial in Texas for illegally buying Saddams oil. So lets not be too hypocritical for bashing the French for dealing with Saddam. They did, so did we. Finally it wasnt France that put Saddam in power in the first place. This photo should give you an idea whose pet Saddam really was.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm
--
Boots
June 28th, 2006  
major liability

I don't know who I'll be voting for yet, but I sure hope (s)he doesn't pick another random Middle Eastern country to start a war with, hemorrage funds and make Bush's deficit even worse, or anihilate more civil liberties and privacy with another deceptively-named PATRIOT act.

After Bush, I'll have a hard time voting for a Republican for the rest of my life. The only things he's ever done that I approve of are let the 1994 assault weapons ban expire and say we're going to Mars. But he's not going to be in office long enough to see that happen.

I like the liberatarian party. They're probably not getting elected, so I'll probably just end up voting for the lesser of two evils, Republican or Democrat, whichever ends up serving my individual needs better...
June 28th, 2006  
Dark_Mark

Barack Obama, hopefully.
June 29th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Hey Major Liability, go for the US Constitutional Party. They have the same stands that the Republican Party claims but they truly mean it. The Liberatarian Party is a good group of folks but they're too open. They want to legalize crack cocain and child abuse. They believe that people should do what ever they want period. No matter what it is. There needs to be limits to some degree.

Less Federal Government, More State/Local Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mark
Barack Obama, hopefully.
Communist
June 29th, 2006  
Fox

Yes.....Dark Mark is a commie. I think....I didn't mean to against ya, Mark.

Hey, Luis, who will running for president of the USA for US Constitutional Party?
June 29th, 2006  
major liability

Well, I'll certainly check out the Constitutional Party, but legalized crack/cocaine doesn't sound that bad to me.
June 29th, 2006  
bulldogg

Oh dear... both of Luis's hot buttons in one thread... communists and drugs in one thread... oh my.
June 29th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Oh dear... both of Luis's hot buttons in one thread... communists and drugs in one thread... oh my.
Oh.... Before I forget. This is beach week. So I'm going to be twice as pissed as my normal self. I hate South Beach, Traffic, parking meters, ***holes everywhere, drug use right in front of my face, and the worst part of it all. Finding sand in places that I can't even figure out how sand got there.

So yeah, I think I might be banned for a period of time if I continue posting.