Will you watch the trial of Saddam Hussein?

Will you watch the trial of Saddam Hussein?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For one thing I have far to much to do, so I will just read the high lights in news papers in the morning while having my coffee

I wonder if this is any indicatrion of how things will go?

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said in remarks that he would not sign a death sentence against his ousted predecessor Saddam Hussein.

"I am a man of principles. I cannot forego my principles for the sake of my post. If there is a clash between the post and the principles, I will give up the post and keep the principles," Talabani said in a snippet aired in advance of the full interview broadcast.
The Link

Saddam Goes on Trial for 1982 Massacre

Saddam Goes on Trial for 1982 Massacre
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein went on trial Wednesday for a massacre of his fellow Iraqis, turning immediately argumentative and refusing to recognize the authority of the court trying him two years after his capture for the killings of 150 Shiites.

ADVERTISEMENT

When the trial began, the 68-year-old ousted Iraqi leader — looking thin with a salt-and-pepper beard in a dark gray suit and open-collared white shirt — stood and asked the presiding judge: "Who are you? I want to know who you are."

"I preserve my constitutional rights as the president of Iraq," Saddam said. "I do not recognize the body that has authorized you and I don't recognize this aggression. What is based on injustice is unjust ... I do not respond to this so-called court, with all due respect."

The presiding judge, Rizgar Mohammed Amin, a Kurd, tried to get Saddam to formally identify himself, but Saddam refused. After several moments, he sat down.

Amin later read the charges against Saddam and his co-defendants, advising them they face possible execution if convicted.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051019/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_saddam_trial

Is anyone watching or reading about this?

I hope he gets a life sentence, not being killed. He lost face in the Iran-Iraq war and lost face another time in the Gulf War - let him go through that for ever being known as the Arabic leader that failed victory according to Arabic laws and traditions.

Whatever - I do not spend time watching this, only interested in the outcome, just as tomtom.

I was listening to a legal analyst this morning who said that becuase of the number of charges and the nature of them, this trial could take years before it's finished.

Re: Saddam Goes on Trial for 1982 Massacre

DTop said:
stood and asked the presiding judge: "Who are you? I want to know who you are."

"I preserve my constitutional rights as the president of Iraq," Saddam said. "I do not recognize the body that has authorized you and I don't recognize this aggression. What is based on injustice is unjust ... I do not respond to this so-called court, with all due respect."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051019/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_saddam_trial

Is anyone watching or reading about this?

This guy has gone crazy!

I think killing him would be bad, i think he needs to sit in prison of his life preferablly in a glass cage in baghdad square. Fed pork of course

Back