Will USA sell India F/A-22 or JSF?

FlyingFrog

As I said before, India as a democratic country, USA too, but seems to me F/A-22 or JSF will not be sold to India, why?

Or maybe India is not interested in?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

India usually buy stuff from Russia, especially fighterplanes, ships and stuff like that. I jave never heard anything about them buying fighters from USA. I don't think they like to be dependant on USA to get weapons.

larsrq said:
India usually buy stuff from Russia, especially fighterplanes, ships and stuff like that. I jave never heard anything about them buying fighters from USA. I don't think they like to be dependant on USA to get weapons.

They don't want to be dependent on anyone.

The thing is: why India only chooses Russian or French jets but no American ones. Is there some kind trouble btw the two or so. That bothers me a bit.

USA do critises them alot about their nuclear. Maybe thats why and it can also be a money issue..

the_13th_redneck said:
I don't think the US and India are friendly enough to have that sort of agreement.

That's my impression too.

I am in many other forums too, seems that Indians don't like US at all. That's why I am wondering how that is possible, since both countries seem to be Democratic ones.

Well being a democracy is a plus but it isn't everything.
After all it's no secret that although the US does endorse democracy, it would prefer a dictatorship that is more cooperative than a democracy that is outright hostile. Of course the US prefers dictators that aren't over the top in brutality.

i cant see india getting either, the friendship between the 2 countries isnt strong enough. i can only see the f-22 being sold to japan and saudi arabia, and i dont think india would want the jsf.

I think the only nation currently the US would even think about selling the F22 to would be Japan or Taiwan. We were going to sell some Aegis cruisers to taiwan right? And those are pretty state of the art. China had a :cen: fit about that one.

As far as India goes, It seems more likely that the US would rather sell them to Pakistan than India. But that would never happen because they would just turn around and sell them to the North Koreans. :evil: During the Indian/Pakistan wars, the Pakistanis were using american fighters and the Indians were using mostly French and Russian designs. That trend still seems to exist today.

Ps.. Does anybody think we'd sell some Raptors to the Israelis? We did after all sell them some of our state of the art planes back in the 70's and 80's.

I think the JSF is more likely to be sold to the Israelis than the F-22. I think the US will be very protective about selling the F-22.

The JSF is alrady being sold to the UK, and Italy ( Italy even has plans to put it on one of thier carriers) However the F-22 was a pain so I doubt that will be sold, That will most likly be the United States Ace.

As for India

They still use Russian Weapons, they even have a new Missile Project with Russia in the works.

With su-30s and Mirage2000s india have a strong fighter element and if the JSF was offeed to them it would most likely be for there carrier and i think for them to get that from russia they have to agre to buy russian jets.

One of the biggest reasons I think they would sell it would be due to hostility's in the region, India has a mixed army of French, and Russian designs. If India got it they may sell it to Russia. Which would not be a good thing..

There is a very short list of countries that the US will sell their "prized possessions" to. India isn't one of them. There is too much political turmoil in the area and with that government.

Regarding the affording thing , India is the second largest military equipment importer after China in the world.

Second as someone said US has shortlisted countries whom they will sell their stuff to, recently India got an offer from Lockheed Martin to sell their F-16 jets.But India rejected it as the pakis already have it plus recently their was a joint Indo-Singapore air combat excercise and singaporeans had F-16's with them and the Russian su-30MKI jets proved to superior to them..that might be one reason.

And I think theres not much good relations between India and US when it comes to selling military euip. might be because India gets stuff from Russia and therefore USA has problems or maybe India sees Russia as a stronger and a steadfast ally than USA.

Also I think that the F/A-22 Raptors should be tested against Sukhoi's, maybe India is waiting for that ??!!

I also read some news that India is gonna produce Su-30 MKI's indigenously starting next year.

But the main reason I think is USA doesn't want to disappoint paki+satan
by selling high tech stuff to India.Once the so called war against terror is over USA is gonna dump Pakistan, pakis don't have an idea or do they ?

Any military hardware sold in that region would be closely monitored and likely not cutting edge.

If we favor India by allowing the purchase, we run the risk of alienating Pakistan, a crucial ally in the War on Terror.

If we don't sell it, the French will most certainly use the opening.

In the end, I don't think we'd sell them until we're ready to produce our next generation of interceptors/multi purpose.

Back