Will USA sell India F/A-22 or JSF?

--

November 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: Will USA sell India F/A-22 or JSF?

As I said before, India as a democratic country, USA too, but seems to me F/A-22 or JSF will not be sold to India, why?

Or maybe India is not interested in?

Any thoughts? Thanks.
November 5th, 2004  
battery

Maybe in 20 years
November 5th, 2004  
Dele

They might not even be able to afford it.
--
November 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
They might not even be able to afford it.
That's not the point of the Topic, It is not about money.
November 5th, 2004  
larsrq

India usually buy stuff from Russia, especially fighterplanes, ships and stuff like that. I jave never heard anything about them buying fighters from USA. I don't think they like to be dependant on USA to get weapons.
November 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsrq
India usually buy stuff from Russia, especially fighterplanes, ships and stuff like that. I jave never heard anything about them buying fighters from USA. I don't think they like to be dependant on USA to get weapons.
They don't want to be dependent on anyone.

The thing is: why India only chooses Russian or French jets but no American ones. Is there some kind trouble btw the two or so. That bothers me a bit.
November 5th, 2004  
larsrq

USA do critises them alot about their nuclear. Maybe thats why and it can also be a money issue..
November 5th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I don't think the US and India are friendly enough to have that sort of agreement.
November 5th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I don't think the US and India are friendly enough to have that sort of agreement.
That's my impression too.

I am in many other forums too, seems that Indians don't like US at all. That's why I am wondering how that is possible, since both countries seem to be Democratic ones.
November 5th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Well being a democracy is a plus but it isn't everything.
After all it's no secret that although the US does endorse democracy, it would prefer a dictatorship that is more cooperative than a democracy that is outright hostile. Of course the US prefers dictators that aren't over the top in brutality.