Will Turkey invade northern Iraq? (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Reports that Turkey has massed a huge military force on its border with Iraq bolstered fears that an invasion targeting hideouts of Kurdish rebels could be imminent. But how deeply into Iraq is the Turkish army willing to go, how long would it stay and what kind of fallout could come from allies in Washington and other NATO partners?

More...

Blah. Kurdish Allies ? I don't know any alliance between Kurds and Americans. NATO is an alliance and I see no Kurds in it. They are temporary allies of US. US will use them for now then when their jobs done , they won't even remember Kurds like they did in the Gulf War.

Blah. Kurdish Allies ? I don't know any alliance between Kurds and Americans. NATO is an alliance and I see no Kurds in it. They are temporary allies of US. US will use them for now then when their jobs done , they won't even remember Kurds like they did in the Gulf War.

I think the Turks must worry about the Greek military or events in Cypress. US has been a friend of the Kurds and they won't abandon these good people.

Kurds are a huge problem to Turkey and have conducted numerous terrorist acts against Turkey. Military operations involving both do occur.
The Kurds need to stick to their damn Iraqi side of the border and let Turkey be or risk losing everything they have worked so hard for.
P80, the situation is not as clear cut as we would like it to be. Kurds aren't always the 100% reliable buddies we'd try to think of them as. One of the reasons why Kurds are really softening up to the Americans right now is they need the support... protection against Turkey in fact.
I really really wished there could be some kind of compromise where Kurds will be left untouched on the Iraqi side of the border and be able to create a life there in exchange for making peace with Turkey.

Back