Will they let me in.

Rossiman

Last August i almost died from Pulmonary Embolisms {blood clots in the lung} i had 6, I also had a major clot in my groin and calf. I went in for a Sinus surgery ended up almost dieing, not so good....

I have severe leg pain, but i am getting this worked on, physical therapy/excessing. So my question is would i be able to get in to any branch of the military.

I wanted to go into the Marine Corps, its a family tradition.
Don't want to be the only one..... :bang:

Thanks for your help:
Rossiman

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marines or any Marines is a sort of thing that you really need to be super fit for, if you have a weakness with the work load that they do it will show up.

The Marines or any Marines is a sort of thing that you really need to be super fit for, if you have a weakness with the work load that they do it will show up.
Ya, like i said. My grandpa and uncle where in the marines. I am 6'2 180 which is good for my age, i am a high school football player, and in great shape. I work out daily after work/school. The thing is though when my legs starts to hurt, it hurts so dam bad that i just have to take a few Vicodin. The PT test i am not worried about, i am sure i can get through that just fine. Its the actual "if they will even let me IN i am worried about".

Thanks for your help sir.

it's very slim, but you need to speak with a recruiter and a military doctor
Thanks i will do that. I already asked one recruiter in my local mall, and he told me to lie. What should i do about this?

Thanks

Jesus... if you lie and get caught you're in a world of doo doo. You'll get kicked out and the fact that you lied will show up on record. The recruiter's told you to lie so that he can fill is quota.
And here's the thing, if your condition springs up in the middle of a battle, or a training mission even, it's not only going to affect you but it's going to affect everyone. People could get killed or fail their objective because they'll need two or three guys trying to drag you out of the danger area.
Do what you can do.
If I were to join again, the Infantry would be out for me. I love the infantry but you know if my knees go nuts again, I'll be doing no one any favors. Except the enemy.

Jesus... if you lie and get caught you're in a world of doo doo. You'll get kicked out and the fact that you lied will show up on record. The recruiter's told you to lie so that he can fill is quota.
And here's the thing, if your condition springs up in the middle of a battle, or a training mission even, it's not only going to affect you but it's going to affect everyone. People could get killed or fail their objective because they'll need two or three guys trying to drag you out of the danger area.
Do what you can do.
If I were to join again, the Infantry would be out for me. I love the infantry but you know if my knees go nuts again, I'll be doing no one any favors. Except the enemy.
Ya, i see it as my chances are very slim. I wouldn't lie though, i cant lie.
Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it very much.
Does ANYONE know of any branch that would let me in?

I don't think it's so much about branch but about the job.
I would imagine your chances with the Navy or Air Force might be much better. Air Force is pretty good. They've got really agreeable deployment rotation policies, better facilities, easier life (this gets a bit important when you're serving for a long time), etc etc. Why don't you go see an Air Force recruiter?

You can go to military pound-me-in-the-ass prison.
HA exactly what i was thinking, simply not happening.....

I would imagine your chances with the Navy or Air Force might be much better. Air Force is pretty good. They've got really agreeable deployment rotation policies, better facilities, easier life (this gets a bit important when you're serving for a long time), etc etc. Why don't you go see an Air Force recruiter?
Well the Airforce was my backup plan in the beginning. If it comes down to thats the "only" chance i have, i will think more about it. I will go see a Airforce recruiter today.

Last edited:

Dunno about the Air Force. They are really pretty selective anymore. My daughter who had a 3.9 GPA and no health problems other than the basic teenaged "knowitallitis" had a while there where she was sweating acceptance. USAF is really kinda popular now as an enlistment option due to the fact that for the most part their Enlisted side doesn't have any tip of the spear MOS's outside of the SpecOp's community, some aircrew and the Security Forces. They can afford to be picky.

Damn... so we got the best and brightest making coffee stateside and we got meth dealers going to Iraq? That is messed up.

similar issue on if i can even get in...i heard pins of any sort can also be a no-go. are there exceptions to that?

Back